Simple method for OSM changes / mapping

Started by freischneider, June 02, 2022, 16:04:18

freischneider

As requested by Menion, the info to map. I did not want to write it there, because it does not fit the topic.
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7917.msg68017#msg68017

Always start the recording when you are on the road.
They find a wrong feature of a path or a new POI.
Click on the red record button. Then on the plus and there on new point.
Give this point a name. I simply use abbreviations: S1, T1, Path, Ground. or: P., Gravel, 24, 0 (Parking, Gravel, 24 spaces, free).

These waypoints are now integrated in the recorded track. When exporting, these points, including names and GPS, are written into the file.

When importing to OSM, this information is then visible. Exactly at the point where I have recorded them.
Attention: There are 2 settings for a new point. Screen center or GPS. If you have chosen screen center, you must make sure that the center is centered on the GPS.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

freischneider

But it would be even easier. Especially with POI.
Here you could click on the POI and there on Change. Then a window opens and I can make the change directly in OSM.
Like in OSM_Go! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.dogeo.osmgo&hl=de&gl=US

In order not to reprogram everything, I could imagine a cooperation with OSM_Go!
When I click on Change in Locus POI, the OSM Go app opens and immediately opens the corresponding POI.

I think it is important to make it as easy as possible. Because the easier it is, the more users maintain the data in OSM.
And OSM is an important basis for Locus.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
  •  

Henk van der Spek

I am an OSMgo user/contributor (mainly for adding POI like seatbenches and other usefull hikers stuff). I have a shortcut in the right sidebar of Locus, so easy and working straight in OSMgo.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13

freischneider

Quote from: Henk van der Spek on June 02, 2022, 17:22:39
I am an OSMgo user/contributor (mainly for adding POI like seatbenches and other usefull hikers stuff). I have a shortcut in the right sidebar of Locus, so easy and working straight in OSMgo.
Unfortunately, it does not work for me. The app is not included in the selection of apps to add.  At the top is so that Locus under A11+ has no permission to read all apps.

Henk van der Spek

Ah, did not know that. I am on Android 10. Nice going again Google.
  •  

Menion

Thanks @fresichneider. I've rather created a new board for OSM stuff, hope it will be useful.

About the problem on A11+ > it has a solution. Is the OSMgo on the Google Play? I need its package name. It has to be hardcoded in the Locus Map as a supported app and then it may be selected. Little bit stupid limitation, but hey, it has a solution ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Menion

Ah, it is this one right https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.dogeo.osmgo ? I was not able to find it at first.

Oki, so in the next app version ...

Henk van der Spek

Only related to signing an app in LOcus for Anroid 11+: could you please do that for this one too?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.observation.obsidentify
It's the best for identifying plants, flowers, insects etc etc. They are rolling it out all over Europe.
As a hiker I used it succesfully in Holland, Belgium, Spain, Italy, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia etc etc.
  •  

Jethro10

thanks,
This is a better workflow then I currently use.

Jeff
  •  

Menion

@Henk van der Spek
oki, app will be added in the next app version.