referenceCodes parameter.

Android 12
Locus Map V4.9.2
Geocaching4Locus V3.0.7
  •  

balloni55

Hi
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/24533-tradi-update-caches-fails

the problem exists already for one year, I have written several times directly to Arcao, but unfortunately there was never a response from him.
@menion
For this reason a question to menion
how do you imagine the future of the cooperation of Locus with GC4L in case of problems if Arcao does not support it anymore?
One of the main topics of Locus is geocaching.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4

icho40

I played around a bit.
It seems to work up to a number of about 300 caches.

Also, it does not only affect tradis.
I have a list of over 800 mysteries and get the same error message.
@Arcao is there any hope that this bug will be fixed?
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
I see it also, both important geocaching add-ons currently have problems with, at least, maintenance. With the field-notes add-on I believe it is not a big problem because even without this add-on, Locus Map itself may serve well.

With G4L, it really is a problem and @balloni55 question is correct. I ask myself the same. I did not invest too much time into geocaching features during the last two years (maybe except new "points" screen) and in case, G4L stops working at all or will be removed from the Google Play, I'm willing to implement at least core G4L functionality (downloading & live map) directly into Locus Map app.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Keksbande

Just want to add, that I have been experiencing this same problem for at least a year or more. I always try to reduce the number of geocaches to be updated at one time by heavy filtering. But this VERY tedious. I would very much appreciate if this topic was pushed a bit and somehow solved.
  •  

Keksbande

Hi Menion,
I would like to push this topic again. Could you please tell me, if there is any chance that this will be solved somehow? The problem is getting worse and worse. At first it concernced only mysteries, but these days I can neither update more than about 50 to 100 geocaches together nor import lists which contain more than a few caches. If there is no solution planned, I must think about abandoning Locus and try to find some other app. But I LOVE locus and I really want to keep it.
Please help us!
Greetings, Keksbande
  •  

Menion

Hi, I'm trying to contact Arcao, the developer of this add-on, but no success so far ...

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Holger

Yes, the problem also exists for me. I help myself by updating the caches in GSAK.
It would be easy to repair by reducing 50 caches to 49 or 45.
Only if the developers no longer take care of and let the users down ...
  •  

balloni55

Hello
good news, today there was an update
at the first attempt i was able to update all my geocaching folders without any breake 8)

QuoteVersion 3.0.8:
• Improve detecting membership type when user disallow sharing personal data
• Fix updating Geocaches
• Do not offer opening Geocaching forum links with app
• Update app localization
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Leeds Tyke

Keksbande

Thanks a lot. I tried with a long list of more than 5000 geocaches, and it worked fine.
  •  

MartyBartfast

I have received the update to Geocaching4Locus, but now I just get the spinning circle as soon as I hit the Import Bookmarks button. All other functions work OK, Nearest, Live Map, Import GC, etc.

FWIW I have version 3.0.8 (9a027583).

I have tried logging out of GC.com and re-authenticating, and also restarting my phone.
  •  

Die Batzen

This is unfortunately caused by the G4L update to version 3.0.8.
It's also discussed here.

For a possible solution you may find post #7 interesting.
  •  

MartyBartfast

Thanks @Die Batzen

Unfortunately reverting to 3.0.7 just reintroduces the problem of being unable to import lists with more than 50 caches.
  •