Exporting "all in one"

Started by forza_stiinta, July 11, 2011, 09:26:13

forza_stiinta

Hello!

I have recorded 2 tracks and added about 30 points on a map.

How can I export them all in google maps? Or at lease generate a kmz/kml that has all of these included?

Also, I added the 30 point manually to save battery, but I would like to have the connected, just like a track. Is there a possibility to convert a set of points to a track? (basically connect the dots?)

Thanks!
  •  

berkley

Hi,

At the moment you only can export tracks and points seperated. You can export as kml, gpx or directly to gpsies.com. For having points and tracks in one kml, you can use Google Earth or Google MyMaps and save them as kml again.

Another possibilty is the built in MyMaps editor. There you can make a new map, edit it, add waypoints, connect several points as a track and a lot more. Just try it out.

The convertion of a set of points to a track is currently not possible. May someone move this topic to the wishlist? Looks like a nice idea...

Cheers, berkley
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

forza_stiinta

Ok, thanks.

Yes, converting points to tracks is a good idea - i decided to get points manually rather than recording a track to save battery. This way I was able to record my path for about 3 days, but now I need to reconstruct it.
  •  

berkley

I am sorry for this.

Please have a look at the GPS settings. There are several powerful features to save a lot of battery while track recording!
- You can use an external bluetooth GPS device.
- You can set the time intervals in which Locus records a point.
- You can set the distance intervals in which Locus records a point.
- Probably some more i forgot to mention...
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

forza_stiinta

Thanks for the tip.

But, if I set the time interval to, let's say 1 hour, for point to be recorded, during the time between 2 points, is the GPS on? As i think it is, and this will still drain battery.
  •  

berkley

Yes and no.

Please try it out to understand how it works. If you set time interval to 2 minutes, Locus sends the "command to GPS connection" to Android system every 2 minutes. You can check this, as you see the little "satelite connection" in your Android notification bar.
You can leave your GPS in your Android device toggled on and nothing will happen until an app wants to use the GPS signal. This is the reason why there is no more battery consumption.

If you are using an external bluetooth GPS receiver, you even don't need to have your devices GPS toggled on. Just leave bluetooth running. The behaviour is almost same as mentioned above. The only one who looses a lot of battery is your external bluetooth GPS device.

But to know, what are best settings according to battery consumption, you have to try it out. Every phone behaves in an other way. Even same phones with different ROMs makes differences.
Search before posting!!!
OnePlus X
  •  

forza_stiinta

I see, ok, I will try this out. I thought that the GPS will remain on all the time and locus will just get the location at the selected intervals.

Thanks a lot!
  •  

shuyinxiao

It's okay...I will try this out.