Search by address not possible anymore

Started by stevenwolf, July 08, 2011, 13:29:21

stevenwolf

One of the greatest features of Locus is searching by address.

I used this feature several times and found it extremely useful, but for some reason when entering a valid address now results in an android notification of "There was a problem with the internet connection".
The funny thing is there is no problem with my internet connection, I tried this on 2G, 3G, WiFi, on different days and locations, but still resulting in the same message.

I don't know what the problem might be.
Is there an external app that is needed and may have been removed when I upgraded to android v2.3.2?

I'm using Locus Free 1.5.1
  •  

Menion

Hmm I don't think so that there should be problem caused by your update. I also sometimes do not get address (one case from cca 50), but it works after a while. It some problem on android side, not directly in Locus because I call some internal function of android that return coordiantes for some address, but sometimes it throw error and no address return. Try it again later. If there will be problem, I'll try to do with this something .. maybe some other online address searching service
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

stevenwolf

Thanks for your quick reply.

I'm afraid it just won't work. :( I tried it several times over a one-month period, yet no success.

Additional info: I use a custom ROM from which Google Maps has been removed. Maybe the Locus address search uses some Google Maps services?

I'm more than willing to cooperate with you to resolve this issue as I do love Locus, so please feel free to let me know if I can provide you with some logs or any further information.
  •  

Menion

ah, this is more then probable ... ok, I'll try to solve it next week
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •