Show remaining elevation and distance from selected track point

Started by FtotheC, April 10, 2022, 11:05:01

FtotheC

Hello everyone,
I just recently switched over from the old "classic" Locus Pro to the new silver Version. Now I am missing a feature that was very helpful to me:

When selecting a point on a track Locus Pro would show the travelled/remaining distance as well as the remaining elevation gain like shown in the first picture.
With the new Locus version it opens up the overview of the track, marking the position in the graph, but nowhere does it show the exact distance mark nor the remaining elevation gain. Only by clicking through several menus to "analyse" I get to view the desired information.

So my question is: Is it only possible to get the information directly with the gold subscription or was this feature scrapped? If it was scrapped, would it be possible to get it back? Maybe add a section under the trail overview (section above the graph) with the information?

•  

Mapper

I am missing this feature too.
I am hiking long distances (many weeks) and still use Locus Map Pro just for this functionality!
  •  

freischneider

Click on the route. Info opens. Then click on the point with exclamation mark at the bottom.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Mapper

That's not only one click more, it also requires scrolling down to see both values and more clicks to see the remaining elevation. The LM3 solution is much better, I use it many times a day to quickly see how far I have to go, no menu's at all.
  •  

Graf Geo

Right. For me, this is also too awkwardly solved in the LM4.
  •  

Menion

hi guys, any suggestions to make it more usable for you? The solution in LM4 brings a lot more info and flexibility in the cost of the click or two more ...

Also, the detail displays a computed real distance (the first big value in the "Trackpoint X" screen) from your current location to the trackpoint which is something not available in the old "Pro" version.
Value "To end" should be visible without scroll on all devices together with the option to display detailed statistics for this segment etc etc ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Mapper

As a hiker, following a track all day long, I want to be able to quickly see the remaining distance and elevation to the endpoint of the track, preferrable by one click. I know I could navigate a track but that requires more battery-power and on multi day hikes in remote areas saving energy is very important.
The way LM3 works is great but if you insist on showing the 'Trackpoint X' screen when tapping on a track a  good compromise would be to show the 4 values (as shown in LM3) on top of the screen so I can see them without scrolling.
  •  

Graf Geo

Hi Menion,

you are absolutely right, LM4 Trackpoint X menue shows much more info and with 2 clicks I can see the desired distance to the finish.
In case you only want to see the distances from the start and to the finish, the LM3 solution is of course more practical. But only then. That's all I wanted to say, there is no urgent need for change.

Since some users, including myself, do not need many of the track info shown, my wish or suggestion would be a configurability of the order of the parameters and/or the possibility to hide parameters that are not needed.

For me, for example, this order would be better (see screenshot), other users might set it differently. But it's a "nice to have", I can live with the current display.   

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on April 10, 2022, 22:19:29
hi guys, any suggestions to make it more usable for you?
a) make it more obvious for users that bottom left toggles between track and trackpoint. This is something most users will not easily see currently.

b) maybe different behaviour when in navigation mode. I didn't think it through. Maybe show point info instead of track info first, when navigating. When tapping the track which is used for navigation.

c) Dock the point navigation elements as well? It's usimg so much space, also due to its headline.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Thanks guys,

I'll think about more obvious switching between modes. For now, I have to simple idea  :)

I've at least improved UI a little bit
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download