Download maps: MOBAC, filesharing- help!

Started by chr1, July 06, 2011, 12:27:05

chr1

Having posted recently, I'm still unable to get maps onto my phone...havn't used Locus for about 6 months but had no problem previously.

I have tried downloading various online maps (inclusing OSM) via wi-fi but all I get is a grid, scale, compass but no map actually loads. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or wether some map data is no longer avaiable to Locus. Can anyone tell me what online map data is available to download and how to do it? I wondered if filesharing sites like Cloudmate have maps that I can easily download and if so what format I should use. I am using Locus Pro 1.8.11 Thanks.
  •  

rijackson741

•  

chr1

Thanks- does this mean mobac is the only way of getting maps now?
  •  

rijackson741

Quote from: "chr1"Thanks- does this mean mobac is the only way of getting maps now?

I'm not sure what you mean.

Getting maps on the phone: this still works fine for me. I generally don't use it, because I use MOBAC, but it works.

Getting raster maps on the computer: MOBAC is the only option I am aware of. If there used to be another one then I was not aware of it.

Getting vector maps on the computer: Read this very long thread: //http://forum.asamm.cz/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=613. Note that the vector maps are still in beta mode. They seem to work very well though  :D The problem is that unless you want either a small map or you have some serious computing power available to you, or both, you can't generate them.
  •  

shuyinxiao

I'm still unable to get maps onto my phone.

rijackson741

OK Some questions.

Where are you located (i.e. which country)?

Which map service(s) have you tried to download from?

How big is the map you tried to download? Have you tried a very small map as a test?
  •