No more multi-selecting files on GPX import

Started by MacBo, January 18, 2022, 09:37:41

MacBo

Hi,

I'm using the latest Locus Map 4 (Gold) on a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra (Android 12, One UI 4.0). I'm pretty sure the following issue has occured due to system changes with the latest Android updates. But I guess there should be a fix. Maybe it's already in the making?

When importing GPX files, from time to time I used to import multiple tracks at once - using the track panel, "plus" button, import, internal memory and then select multiple files in the file browser. With the current version I can select only one file at a time. So importing multiple tracks has become quite a hassle. Importing from outside Locus Map (selecting multiple files in a file manager and then "share" to or "open with" Locus Map) isn't much better either, only one of the selected files ends up in my tracks. Although I believe that's not much different from before: importing multiple files from outside never worked properly to begin with. Now from inside unfortunately is off the table for now as well.

Cheers,
Mac
  •  

https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/26993-new-update-cannot-import-multiple-gpx-at-once#comment-108513

However, there may be more unpleasant surprises to come ?
As Google still is trying to improve Android to the point where it becomes almost impossible to use.
Locus Pro Classic 3.70.5
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: MacBo

balloni55

for me it work with Android11,
3-dot button > import > long click on a file you want to import > new multiselect window open
Wolfgang
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Mapper

It works with LM4 but not with the latest LM Pro v3.56.5 though I gave LM Pro the same access as LM4.
  •  

michaelbechtold

PS: in another topic Zdenek mentioned that multi-select only works if you have AFA granted.
I.e. latest LM4 PLUS you give permission for AFA.
I run Android 12 since yestaerday and just checked again: multi-select for GPX import does work.
  •  

michaelbechtold

@Mapper: you need to use the special LMP AFA version from Google Drive to have AFA power.
Google denied MANAGE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE privilege for LMP ...
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Mapper

Andrew Heard

FWIW with LM4 on Android 8, I long+tap on 1st GPX to import, then the whole list has checkboxes on right side where I can select any/ all for import.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

michaelbechtold

Yes, and exactly same behaviour and appear - IF you have AFA, i.e. LM4 or LMP-AFA with Android 11 or 12.
  •