problems with create a track

Started by Papa, July 04, 2011, 07:42:06

Papa

Hi,

i use the pro version since a few months. I tried a lot of apps, but this app is realy great and i use it as soon as possible for trecking, mountainbike or jogging.
Among all features, the function "create a track" is very usefull for me.
Since a few days i have problems with this feature. When i set two points in a map (no matter what kind of map, online or offline), the app doesn't recognize the route between them, even when it is a bigger street and the distance is just a few hundred meters. Instead of that the app shows me not the direct way from point to point but a realy strange routing. Sometimes, it shows somewhere on the map just parts of the route.

This feature worked very well. I am not sure, but i think the failure appeared since the last update.
Can you help me? Must i change something in the seetings?

Thanks
Jurgen
  •  

Menion

hi, no it looks like problem in YOURS (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/YOURS) service that I use for track compute. Thanks for info, you're second person who noticed me about it today. Have to check it ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Papa

So thanks a lot. Hope that this feature will work again soon.
Once more: great app!
  •  

Papa

Hi again,

a few minutes ago I tried out again to create a track and it works much better than yesturday or this morning. But some roads and ways in my region still seem to be "unknown".
The settings on my GSG are still the same. Only downloaded the update of GC for locus.
Do you have any idea? Did you change something?
  •  

Rob

This happens with some small streets/ways.
Therefore my way of work is to switch to manual mode if calculaion is not correct, mark next points manually and switch back to Auto if streets are broader.
The route is calculated in a whole, so no problem missing parts of route.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk
  •  

Menion

as I wrote ... this is problem in YOURS service, so problem on web not in Locus. Anyway in new version (will be released within a hour) will be support (only in PRO version) for alternative way to compute, probably better, so try it if you have payed version
  •  

Papa

Not only with small ways, but also streets in towns. I can't see any correlation. With some streets it doesn't work, with some (even small ways) it works very well. And the problem appeared just a few days ago. So before that I didn't have such problems.
Can you explain what you mean with
"switch to manual mode if calculaion is not correct, mark next points manually and switch back to Auto"
  •  

Rob

Maybe its now obsolet (due to new online service) to switch but I will explain: Automode: when the 3.button from left on routemenu (Where selection car/bike/foot appears) is pressed.
Manual: simply switch off this 3. button and mark points along your planned route.
So you can easily switch if route is not calculated correctly by online Service.
Thx to Menion he developed that route-length calculation is independ of manual/auto.
good luck and enjoy this superb app.
krg
Rob

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk
  •  

Papa

Hi Menion,

a few months ago I had the same problem.
Now it appears again.
Can you help me with that?

Thanks.
  •  

Menion

hi, sure. I have changed online service used for compute. If you write me start and end coordinate, I'll test it ...
  •  

Papa

hi menion,

now, it works better.
In the newest version there is the option "compute source", mey setting is CloudMade.
I had problems e.g. between N49 54.537 E 11 00.989 and N 49 54.176 E 11 01.419 and between many other points.
Thx, Jürgen
  •