Android 11 copy filled???

Started by ohgood, January 08, 2022, 12:11:16

michaelbechtold

I hope this Locus base private folder is on INT SD.
Because then x-plore can read and write at your will.
  •  

sbouju

Quote from: michaelbechtold on January 17, 2022, 11:12:13
I hope this Locus base private folder is on INT SD.
Because then x-plore can read and write at your will.
I don't really understand these tricky concepts, as an end user of Android OS and apps basically happy like that! ::)
Anyway, I previously had a look at the X-Plore tool, but I have been basically afraid of the UI :o
  •  

michaelbechtold

What's the issue with the UI?
Two panes you can switch by swipe, select a file or folder and do something with it.
You can play with it with some copied data, so nothing breaks and you learn.
Then enjoy the power.
I agree that should not be needed for normal app users. But the transition to cope with those new Android 11 limitations is painful. For the creators as well as for the users with the fallout of it.
Once Menion properly deals with /Android/media folders on that upper level, thing will become much easier, also in the interaction between Apps that need the maps and SRTM mass data, and should not be forced to duplicate it.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: sbouju

sbouju

Quote from: michaelbechtold on January 17, 2022, 15:08:21
What's the issue with the UI?
The feeling of having a bazooka to kill a mosquito, or something like that... But I shall give it another try !
  •  

michaelbechtold

If your tool does not hit the mosquito - what are your alternate options ;-) ?
  •  

sbouju

Trying X-Plore again, but it does not permit me to paste any file in the menion* directory spoken above...

May be a more conventional method exists in order to use previously made "my_icons.zip" file in the new version of Locus Map?
  •  

michaelbechtold

On EXT SD even x-plore cannot write; on INT SD it can. You have to give permission - once.

Alternatively you can USB connect to a PC - all files accessible.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: sbouju

sbouju

Quote from: michaelbechtold on January 18, 2022, 20:45:53
Alternatively you can USB connect to a PC - all files accessible.

Yes, I just achieved to do so. Not really easy to have this connection working, but it is OK now, thanks!  :)
  •