Problems moving between LoMaps <> OpenAndroMaps

Started by NickJP, October 21, 2021, 01:06:21

NickJP

LM Pro 3.55.1 on a Pixel 5 running Android 11 - well actually Android 12 as of this morning - problem is the same on Android 12. I mostly use OpenAndroMaps in LM, but I also have a couple of LoMaps. If I have the screen displaying an area covered by OpenAndroMap, do a search that will take me to an area on an LoMap, then when I tap the search result to show the map, I get a blank screen with just the POIs showing. The only way to get the map to display is go to Map Manager off the three bar menu, find the LoMap in the list of maps, and select "Center map", which causes the LoMap to display, then repeat the search to get to the location I want.

The same problem happens the other way as well - if LM is displaying an area covered by an LoMap, and the search takes me to an area covered by an OpenAndroMap, then again I get the blank screen except for POIs, and have to go through the same process as above to get the map to display.

See attached screenshot after performing a search that goes from OpenAndroMap to LoMap. Even closing and re-opening LM doesn't fix the problem - I still just see the POIs until I go into Map Manager and center the map.
  •  

Menion

Hi Nick,
do you have enabled auto-loading of vector maps in the app maps settings?
Also, if you move & zoom a little with the map, it does not appear after a moment? Give it a try please. Thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

NickJP

Hi

Yes, auto-loading of vector maps is enabled in map settings, and panning and/or zooming in or out does not make any difference - I still only see POIs until centering the map through Map Manager.

Nick
  •  

michaelbechtold

Did you check the map position (degree S/N) in all those steps?
Just to rule out one possible root cause ...
  •  

NickJP

Quote from: michaelbechtold on October 22, 2021, 09:15:26
Did you check the map position (degree S/N) in all those steps?
Just to rule out one possible root cause ...
If you mean do I have a vector map installed for the map position, the answer is yes. I have OpenAndroMaps installed for where I live. If I have the map in Locus showing Singapore, say, which is an LoMap, and then tap the GPS button to get the map centred on my position, then I get the blank screen with only POIs showing. I have to go into the menu and select "Center Map", and only after doing that, can I then I tap the GPS button and see the both map and POIs.

Have you tried it on your installation to see if you can reproduce the problem?
  •  

michaelbechtold

Just tried your scenario - went to Sierra Leone, loaded the OAM from there, then pushed the GPS center button. Germany OAM was loaded automatically.
I just looked at my resp. settings: Maps -> Offline Maps -> Automatic map loading
It is enbaled for LoMpas and other vector maps.
What about your setting?
  •  

john_percy

Did you mean that you travelled to Sierra Leone, or just moved the map centre there?

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

michaelbechtold

•  

john_percy

The OP's problem was when the first map was a LoMap (V3) and the second map an OAM map, presumably v4. I can't reproduce it myself with my collection of maps. It may be map-specific as Locus can have difficulties recognising the centre of coverage of some OAM maps.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

NickJP

Quote from: john_percy on November 09, 2021, 11:51:50The OP's problem was when the first map was a LoMap (V3) and the second map an OAM map, presumably v4.
The problem happens going either way - from LoMap to OAM map, or from OAM map to LoMap.

I'm waiting for the OAM maps v5 to become available to see if the problem is the same with those.

Since posting my original message I've upgraded the phone to a Pixel 6, and the problem is the same there.
  •  

NickJP

Behaviour is the same when swapping between the beta V5 OAM maps and LoMaps, and vice versa. When a search goes from an area covered by one map type to the other, only the POIs display on the screen until I open the map manager and tap on the map for the current area, at which point the rest of the map will then display correctly.
  •