Unknown message-dialog after failed download from openandromaps

Started by Joska, September 13, 2021, 11:10:59

Joska

Hi
After a couple of failed downloads from openandromaps.org, I get an error-dialog on every startup of LM.

It's not the origin new message-dialog of LM4, but one,that's needs to be  closed every time again.

How can I delete it definitely?

Regards, Joska

---
  •  

john_percy

I imagine you should delete the offending mbtiles files that are listed in the error messages. If the download didn't complete they will be corrupted. Locus checks the maps at start up and these map files are throwing up errors.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

poutnikl

As a workaround, one can also use file transfer from their FTP file server, I use Android version of Total Commander for that.

ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/misc/openstreetmap/openandromaps/

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

john_percy

Or choose Download (manual installation) rather than Install in Locus direct from the General Maps page on OAM (scroll down the page to get to this option).
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Joska

Thank you.

If it is correct, that damaged files lead to this problem, I would prefer to delete them. The indicated damaged files are from all(!) possible files, Michael Berthold has offered to us, and I'd tried one after another, to download one(!). So, loading correct files is not the goal ;)

regards, Joska
---
  •  

Joska

Quote from: Joska on September 13, 2021, 13:42:25
If it is correct, that damaged files lead to this problem, I would prefer to delete them.

Your hint lead me to the solution; deleting the empty folders von Locus/Maps/ resolved it.

Thanx4all :D
---
  •  

Menion

Sorry for this. In the public version downloading something does not work reliably. In the next version, this should be (it already is in the latest Beta version) improved.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Joska

---
  •