Clean Migration from Locus Pro to Locus 4

Started by bruno60, August 08, 2021, 10:09:24

bruno60

I have many recorded tracks and wpt with or without photos recorded on Locus map Pro, now I installed Locus 4 but it starts with an empty database.  What's the right way to move my old database to locus 4?

According to Locus settings now I have Locus Pro main folder on internal memory and Locus 4 main folder on external sd card.

Do you suggest to unify both installations on the same location? Any conflicts  on this?
Is it possible to copy/move single files or folders from old to new version?

When everything will be sorted out I think I can uninstall Locus Pro and delete old folder structure.

Thanks for the help
  •  

Michal

Hi Bruno,

both apps share the same data folder provided it is placed in the same storage. So move Locus Map 4 to the internal memory (don't worry about any conflict). Only their settings are detached. If you want to have the same settings on your LM4 as you had in LM Pro, make a backup of LM Pro settings and restore it in LM 4 via the backup manager.

Do not delete any folders from LM Pro - as the database is shared with LM 4, you would delete it also from LM 4. Only uninstall LM Pro if you don't need it any longer.
PR/support & UXW & copy, Locus team, Asamm Software, Prague
  •  

bruno60

Hi Michal,
Clear, I will move locus 4 from sd card to internal memory but what have I to do to move also  tracks and points which now are on sd card and merge  with existing locus Pro objects?
  •  

bruno60

Be careful on moving locus 4  from  SD card to internal memory (or  the other way around), the process copy also data (track,points, overwriting files with same name? )and then deletes the files from original location.

Suggested to do a backup in both version before moving.
  •  

michaelbechtold

And even with Internal to Internal private you may hit the wall, because the full volume is requested in addition, although it should be a move, i.e. a net zero ...
  •  

Michal

Quote from: bruno60 on August 16, 2021, 21:41:10
Be careful on moving locus 4  from  SD card to internal memory (or  the other way around), the process copy also data (track,points, overwriting files with same name? )and then deletes the files from original location.

Suggested to do a backup in both version before moving.
In your case I would rather make a full backup of your LMPro data and restore it in LM4 after its transfer to the internal memory.

Odesláno z mého Redmi Note 4 pomocí Tapatalk

PR/support & UXW & copy, Locus team, Asamm Software, Prague
  •