automatic map loading strategy

Started by bongo, June 19, 2021, 09:15:20

bongo

i always used the "auto-load maps of identical type only" option and this was working fine for me.
unfortunately, a few weeks or month ago, i had issues that when using a vector map (openandromap), i had stripes in it coming from raster maps also covering the displaied area. when zooming, i always got the vector map first, and after about 1 second, i either got the stripes on it or it was completely replaced by the raster map.
after switching to "no map auto-load", i'm at least able to use vector maps as long as i fully zoom in. but when zooming out, although if i have the setting "no map auto-load", it seems to merge data from several maps, producing unusable bullshit (see attachment).
maybe i just don't understand the map selection strategy of locus and i need to rearrange the maps in the folders (then please let me know how to correctly arrange the maps).
btw: i cannot see a difference between the settings for "auto-load maps of identical type only" and "auto-load maps of any type". with both settings, when changing zoom level, it randomly changes between vector maps, any raster maps and aerial photos without giving me any control on what to use.
what i really miss here is a setting which allows me to select a subfolder in the maps or mapsvector folder and then, locus only uses maps stored within this folder.
  •  

bongo

and here the screenshot when using a vector map and zooming out
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hi bongo,
just tested with LM4.2 on a S10/Android 11 and I cannot reproduce the issue; OAM and LoMaps autoload works (exact same map type mode).
On an A52/Android 11 with LM Pro 3.5.3 I cannot reproduce.
However, on the S10, with LM Pro 3.53 I get fully blank pages, after switching off the world map feature I can get the Germany OAM map, but the autoload of Austria OAM does not work. Same problem using LoMaps instead.
Cheers
Michael
  •  

michaelbechtold

@Menion: while testing, I found that the initial vector map check goes amok again. Both, LMPro and LM4 did not show all 200 vector map names scrolling through. But in the last test, LM4 went amok again, despite no change of ANY vector map since before. And it takes much longer than the normal start with the same unchanged number of maps.
What is the EXACT trigger for this examination of vector maps, please?
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •