Locus Map 4 hardware compass freezes

Started by deepbass909, May 03, 2021, 10:15:20

deepbass909

This weekend I was trying Locus Map 4 for the first time on my new Oneplus 9 and I noticed that the hardware compass freezes in the last oriĆ«ntation standing still in map view as  soon as I start moving and stays frozen until I restart Locus or switch off the screen for a while.

The hardware compass itself keeps on working. When I run GPS Status & Toolkit (it allows a small widget with compass view that stays on top) I can see the hardware compass rotate. Also in compass view in Locus the compass keeps on working, but not in map view.
  •  

freischneider

Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

By default, the map rotates only in case, the map is centered to the current GPS location. In case, you are not centered, the map stays in the last orientation. So check active-centering!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

deepbass909

Quote from: Menion on May 03, 2021, 11:39:45
By default, the map rotates only in case, the map is centered to the current GPS location. In case, you are not centered, the map stays in the last orientation. So check active-centering!

This was set, in de map settings the map should rotate according to the position of the phone. For the first couple of steps it would work, but then freeze. I'm 100% sure I've got the settings right for rotation of the map. When using the GPS-assisted compass, the map still rotates when moving, but this is of no use when standing still  ;)

I'm familiair with the rotation-settings, I've been using version 3 for about 4 years (maybe longer now) without this issue.
  •