Only one download of purchased item

Started by Tapio, March 27, 2021, 10:40:16

Tapio

Hi guys,

I just realized, after testing, uninstall of LM3, reinstall etc etc, after all, some of my purchased maps (the quite expensive Kompass maps) are lost. Didn't have them in mind.

I think it's not a good system. Too easily we just throw money away. Fortunately those maps turned out to be not too important for me.

best regards
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Hello Tapio,

and why you think it is our intent to do not allow repeated downloads? We try to negotiate with map providers, but not all players are fine with our conditions ...

You use Locus Map in private internal directory that is removed once app is un-installed?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on March 27, 2021, 11:54:49You use Locus Map in private internal directory that is removed once app is un-installed?
I do now, you must know with all the testing I forgot about those maps and over time they are just gone at some point. A backup problem after all, I just didn't have those maps in mind.
It's alright. They are overpriced maps with an ancient business model anyway.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Quote from: tapio on March 30, 2021, 11:29:38
They are overpriced maps
I do not agree with this anyway business model is outdated, agree. We were successful after 1/2 year of negotiation to create a new system for very good middle Europe SHOCart maps, that may be finally downloaded again after loss. Few more maps remain to change to this ideal model ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •