Web planner / portal

Started by Menion, February 12, 2021, 20:32:44

Žajdlík Josef

More than half a year from the transition to the 4X version and the placement of Web Planner. It seems to me that Locus has since passed quite great development since then, but Web Planner is still in Beta. There is still no GPX import. The only novelty for the whole time is just that it can edit routes, but it can not be used to repair recorded routes. Is there any schedule, how should web planner continue?

voldapet

@chrisjk - I'm sorry but there is no legend at this moment. Please feel free to ask or share screenshot with unknown element
@WujTom - unfortunately it's not possible. The data for routes ends in zoom-level 12
  •  

WujTom

Quote from: voldapet on June 30, 2021, 19:46:09
@WujTom - unfortunately it's not possible. The data for routes ends in zoom-level 12

It's a pity, because you are slowly making better and better applications, think about how to make it possible.
I will just add that rwgps managed to use a different map that allows it.
  •  

janaton

Hi there, sorry for the delayed reply. I had vacation. Thank you for all the feedback. Most of it is already written down to tickets BUT we have just started implementing long awaited and quiet big feature - points and multi-content. Thank you for being patient with no progress in other areas of web planner.

@Žajdík Josef
Search results - you are right. Unfortunately there are multiple parts that should be improved and we plan to cover it in more robust way. It will need extra time, so hopefully end of this year ...

@Viajero Perdido
Manual routing and elevation - thanks for explaining your use case. It makes sense. We will try to implement it this way. But, currently it is not on our high priority list so at least for some time you will have to use mobile app planner for this.

@WujTom
1) Waypoints with name - no, it is planned
2) Export without navigation waypoints - also planned
  •  

voldapet

@WujTom
the alternative maps for web planner could be helpful. We'll consider it for further improvements.
  •  

WujTom

Do you plan that from the menu or the search engine you can search for and view icons, for example "Shelter", "Museum, etc.

I can see it so that I turn it on in the "Shelter" menu and in the map view I see big icons. This would make planning a lot easier. Kind of like in maps.cz, but clicked out of the menu, not the search engine.
  •  

janaton

@WujTom
We plan to implement this "POI category search" in the search. E.g. you type "shelt" and "Shelter" category will be offered in result for you. When you click it closest N results will be highlighted in the map. This is almost implemented in our API waiting for me to implement it in the web planner. Unfortunately, I have a lot of work with bringing points and multi-content alive. So, please, give us some time :) 

WujTom

If I am doing so well with the proposals  ;D
Do you plan to launch any website with statistics of recorded routes, activity calendar, visited geocache cans?
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Viajero Perdido on May 27, 2021, 19:25:08
Little bug.  Going cross-country (using the zig-zag icon) doesn't record any elevation gain.  On the Android, this works as expected.
+1
this is very annoying
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Hennes

I've noticed something that is strange and that I don't understand.

I created a track for hiking using the web planner. The elevation gain looked strange (more than reality). Then I synced it with LM4, clicked on "elevation update" and suddenly I got much more realistic elevation gain.
The difference was a few 100 meters between the web planner and LM4 (after update).

Why is it? I am using LM4 with LoMaps (Germany)

•  

janaton

@WujTom
1) Website with statistics - If you think per user statistics then YES, we have it on the list. But there is still a lot more important stuff to do so I am not so brave to give here any eta. If you want to give it higher priority, please, feel free to create idea on the help desk and let others vote for it ;-)

@Hennes
1) Elevation difference between web and mobile app - unfortunately, this can happen quiet easily.
- We have separate code base for web and Android and mobile app much more advanced than web (additional elevation data processing and filtering). We are working on unification in order to give you the same results on the web and in the mobile app.
- Web is using elevation data set with ~100m resolution (not absolutely sure). In the mobile app you can have (manually downloaded) more precious ~30m resolution data set.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: janaton on August 04, 2021, 15:30:59
- Web is using elevation data set with ~100m resolution (not absolutely sure). In the mobile app you can have (manually downloaded) more precious ~30m resolution data set.
@janaton as mentioned at least once, maybe more, the web server, with more processing resources - CPU & RAM & file system, could selectively use higher resolution data sets in areas where available eg. from http://data.opendataportal.at/dataset. This could be a bonus say for say Gold (& Silver) subscription users.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

flabb17

Thank you for the work about webplanner.
Big screen planification is a real plus.

This a lot of work but why not creating a "joint venture" with existing webplanner (i.e. Route you ?). Recreating all existing is a lot of work and this time can be optimized.

For me, it's important to have same map on both "world", i.e. Open cycle map

Best regards and thanks for the android app very usefull.

•  

francisco

In PC Windows 10 with Firefox 90.0.2 64 bits I've error "Sorry, something's got wrong. Can't get your location. Try again later." with location feature.
In the above images you can see:
- in Firefox Settings I allowed "https://web.locusmap.app/" to use Location;
- when I open the webmap page I give permission to use Location;
- after a few seconds appears the error message in the bottom;
- sometimes (very few), when I open webmap and immediately click the Locus location button it works and locates me, but few seconds after the error appears;
- after a few minutes the error stops and location button continues doing nothing.
  •  

janaton

@Andrew Heard
1) Higher resolution elevation data - yes, I know :-). We would be really happy to do this but it is a little bit bigger challenge than it seems to be. Although it looks we are still postponing this and it will never happen I still believe we could do this within one year.

@flabb17
1) Joint venture - Never say never :D ... but we have, I would say, our unique vision of web planner. Although it is still basic in the most areas we have really huge list of improvements. This would be really hard to do in the partnership :).

@francisco
1) Can't get your location - oh, this is very strange. Debugging geolocation API is quiet challenging but I will try to have a second look on it ;). Thanks for reporting
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: francisco