Web planner / portal

Started by Menion, February 12, 2021, 20:32:44

freischneider

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on February 21, 2021, 19:39:27
Would it be possible to add the Import GPX function? I'm just interested in the ability to insert a GPX file into the database, which I will receive from the organizer of an event.

+ 1
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Andrew Heard

LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: janaton

lor74cas

It is necessary to be able to create straight lines manually.

It would be nice to be able to edit the text of the points in the field where the coordinates now appear, to insert more user friendly references.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

janaton

@Žajdík Josef
Yes, GPX import is planned for V2.

@Andrew Heard
Thx

@lor74cas
1) Straight lines routing - you can do this now using "manual routing" profile (see attachment)
2) Edit waypoint name - thx, this is a good suggestion. I will add it to my task list.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

Žajdlík Josef

If I create a route by hand drawing, it is not possible to select "Activity type" when saving. The route cannot be saved without it, but it can be exported to GPX.
  •  

lor74cas

As the number of points increased, I noticed that it would have been appropriate:
1) A dedicated scroll for the points panel with the last inserted always visible
2) The statistics panel always visible at the bottom

Now for me after 10 points (depends on the screen resolution) the stats and new points are progressively moved down becoming invisible without using the scroll.

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker

janaton

@Žajdík Josef
Thx a lot! It is definitely a bug. I will have a look ASAP

@lor74cas
1) Dedicated scroll - We are aware of this problem. We already have collapse/expand of middle points functionality in our plan. Unfortunately, because of limited time&resources we have this on our list for V2.
2) Solution mentioned in previous point should also solve this problem
  •  

janaton

!!! Announcement valid until further notice !!!

In this week we will test (internally) our subscription system which will cause unavailability of services requiring active subscription (synchronization, accessing MyLibrary in web planner, saving planned route to MyLibrary, ...). We will try to keep this testing period as short as possible. Thank you for your undestanding
  •  

geoffmozz

The two marked panels in the attached image need to stay fixed in position. Only scroll the waypoint list.

The top panel needs to be accessed a lot. Every time the auto-plotting won't go the right way then manual plotting is required to get past the problem area.

The bottom panel is accessed less often but it would be good if it was always visible.

The Outdooractive route planner works like this.
https://www.outdooractive.com/en/routeplanner/
  •  

starka

I plan travel points with one way to travel (on foot or by bike). And how to turn the same route into another way? Now we need to re-create everything. And there would be an opportunity e.g. change between points 1 and 2 and so on.

•  

respublikamroja

Firefox on Android Xiaomi mi 9.
After log in with premium account show this.
Update
Firefox on Laptop have the same problem.
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: respublikamroja on March 06, 2021, 11:45:03
Firefox on Android Xiaomi mi 9.
After log in with premium account show this.
Update
Firefox on Laptop have the same problem.
Take a look at post #39

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

Export Gpx -> filename not editable the name is fixed to "export"
The points I put on the map to generate the track are exported as waypoints, but they are not. I think that the generic points with just coords in panel does not have to be considered as waypoints, but if I use +add to route on a relevant point on the map or (in future) I edit the coords in the panel with a more human readble text, this are real waypoints also to be exported. 
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

geoffmozz

The web planner doesn't work well set to walking, but does OK set to hiking. I screen recorded the issues which you can see in this video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g88qnkugianhn1w/Locus%20Map%20web-based%20planner.mp4?dl=0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Radim V

janaton

@geoffmozz
1) UX issues with higher waypoint count - Yes, we know about this issue and we will improve this in V2.
2) Issue with walking profile - thanks for pointing this out! I have passed this issue on college which is responsible for routing profiles.

@starka
I am not sure if I understand you correctly. You can change direction of planned route by clickin "Reverse direction" button that is located below waypoints. If you want to plan one way using one profile (e.g. walking) and then reverse route and use another profile for way back (e.g. bike) the it is not possible right now. We are working on functionality to change routing profile of the segment. But you will have to wait for V2

@0709
Thanks a lot for the detailed description and examples. I am not able to give you answer right now because more time is needed investigate and also ask other members of team (I am not really expert on GPX).

@lor74cas
1) Not editable filename -> Is it really issue? You can easily rename file once downloaded ... For sure I could add logic to generate name (current time, start and destination - can be tricky one) but I didn't see any big benefit doing so.
2) Which waypoints to export - this is a good point. I have created ticket for it and once there is some time I will discuss this with others.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas