Locus Map 4, discussion (beta)

Started by Menion, December 22, 2020, 12:20:09

poutnikl

Quote from: Menion on January 22, 2021, 10:10:20
@poutnik
what is the problem with this slider?  ;D. It jumps with certain steps (10 or 25%) and I found it quite easy to set precise value. It sounds like it does not work as expected. May you post a screenshot where may be visible a problem little bit? Thanks!

I suppose it does work as expected and it is not very difficult. It just seems to me as a not necessery inconvenience, being very sensitive. I can live with it, using it seldom. But I can imagine it could be a challenge on small screens. ( I have 6"  ).

Menion

New version *** MapGooglePlay_4.0.0 - Beta 2_984_beta *** ready-to-play!

Enjoy weekend!

@poutnikl
hmm oki, so what is the suggestion? I still use the Pixel 2 device (5''! screen) and never had a problem with this and I currently have no idea, how to make it better.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

poutnikl

I would go for a non-linear scale.  As linear steps by 25%  are not  really useful on the right end  ( .....750-775-800% ).

E.g.: Instead of   100-125-150-175-200-225-250-275-.....- 750-775-800

I would use something like   100-125-150-175-200-250-300-400-500-600-800

In case the library does not offer nonlinear numeric output of the slider dialog, but allows some textual slider hints, then I would implement those numbers as hints. And then I would do internal mapping of the linear output to a nonlinear value list.

But I can imagine it is more complicated, with relation to the interactively zoomed map within the dialog.

Or, if applicable a roll-out menu of the predefined value list, but I guess some nonlinear slider could be optimal, regardless of the chosen scale span.

Raddino

Just checked the latest version and I have some strange behavior. There is an image in geocache listing. If I try to click on the image directly from cache detail I got toast message saying "you're missing app in your device for your action". if I click on "more" (to see whole listing) and click on image again I get blank page. Any idea which app I'm missing?

https://ibb.co/CP2K7zM
https://ibb.co/Z29kMrp
  •  

john_percy

First initialisation gives a very poor graduated fill in dark mode. See picture.
I think this screen now only appears the very first time the app or updated app is run but I can't be sure. Text appears over the top of it shortly - it used to say something like "firing up the warp engines" but now says something more serious.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

slarti76

@slarti76
hmm, your description of how it works is precise. And a good point.
Asking for "discard" when leaving the planner is not ideal I think. I'll do something with it ... thanks!
Pondered it again, I think there should be a warning if you open the planner while there are unsaved changes from a previous session.
  •  

john_percy

Internal BRouter (LoRouter) is not working for me with the fast car or eco car profiles. See screenshot. Works ok with bike and foot profiles. Works ok with online LoRouter and my own installation of BRouter.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: john_percy on January 23, 2021, 19:59:08
Internal BRouter (LoRouter) is not working for me with the fast car or eco car profiles. See screenshot. Works ok with bike and foot profiles. Works ok with online LoRouter and my own installation of BRouter.

confirm
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Erelen

Bug with main menu

If there is unread Locus notification - I see all menu (configurable 6 buttons). But after I close notification - menu doesn't fit.
  •  

Erelen

Bug with overlay button in "Map-screen content" menu.

If I turn on last overlay by "eye" button - this menu line still contains "Map overlay disabled". I can see overlay name only after close and reopen "Map-screen content" menu.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: slarti76 on January 22, 2021, 14:53:17
@slarti76
hmm, your description of how it works is precise. And a good point.
Asking for "discard" when leaving the planner is not ideal I think. I'll do something with it ... thanks!
Pondered it again, I think there should be a warning if you open the planner while there are unsaved changes from a previous session.
Did you already change that in latest beta? Because I think I accidentally had the same situation again, and this time there was a dialog box. If so, thx, that's much better :)

Another tiny thing: In the sync screen, when I change the "Automatic Sync" setting and go back to the sync overview, it still shows the previous setting. Have to go out of sync and open it again, then the setting is displayed correctly.
  •  

Menion

@poutnikl
thanks Libor, makes sense. These seek bars are fully under my control, so it was not a big "problem". Done.

@Raddino
may you please post here a "cache code" of the cache to test? I'm unable to find out the cache on the geocaching.com web site  ::)

@john_percy
thanks John, improved!
Thanks you and @balloni55 for notification on the BRouter problem. I thought it is already solved, hmm ...

@slarti76
did you try the latest version? There already should be an improvement! Ah new post, you tried it now ... fine :)

Sync screen > fixed.

@Erelen
- the problem in menu > thanks, fixed!
- overlay button > fixed as well
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

blackpanther

I'm testing LM4 since a few weeks and I really like it. The new interface is great but there are some little bugs in it.

1) the last line in the main menu is cut off

2) Map Overlay Menu is also cut off

3) In the "set functions panel" menu German translation for "bottom panel" is not updated. It should be "untere Leiste"
  •  

Raddino

Quote from: Menion on January 25, 2021, 11:29:04
@Raddino
may you please post here a "cache code" of the cache to test? I'm unable to find out the cache on the geocaching.com web site  ::)

https://coord.info/GC1B54N

Now I can see that the picture is not working on website anyway. My bad. If it isn't a 2 minutes fix let's ignore it :) there's no chance to cover all possible mistakes from cache owners.
  •  

Andrew Heard

My 1st intensive use of LM4 on a 600km bike ride including lots of night riding (not just sofa/ office/ short bike ride) provides new insights:

• With Map Rotation = ON, the route and recorded track are generally rotated directly over the zoom buttons, so when I attempt to tap either the Zoom In or Zoom Out button I often select the route instead - see screen cap #1.
  • Is there a way to disable all POI so that a single tap is not accidentally interpreted as tapping a POI instead of a zoom or panel button? While riding at night/ gloves/ half-asleep it is so frustrating trying to tap these little zoom buttons accurately! Link to presets and/or function via quick settings panel.
  • The LM4 +/- zoom buttons look "nice" but are really hard (less contrast) to see in strong sunlight compared to larger LM3 (screen cap #2) and the buttons are so close together they invite mis-taps. config.cfg dev_gui_main_rescale_value no longer increases the size of these buttons right?
It's the first time in many many months I've looked at the LM3 Pro interface & forget these little details.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •