Locus Map 4, discussion (beta)

Started by Menion, December 22, 2020, 12:20:09

joeloc

Also about points. When I add a new point somewhere, regardless with what method, it sometimes doesn't show up on the map. Only after repeated zoom ins and zoom outs I can actually see it.

Btw, apologies if it's too early for such usability reports. I am trying to use the Beta productively and exclusively as complete replacement for Locus Pro. Is that premature?

I also have a few sudden force quits (once or twice a day) simply while scrolling/zooming the map (with a lot of content). Is there any logfile I can look at and supply to find the reason?
  •  

auric

I am trying sync in combination with WebUi and it appears to me that Locus crashes a lot more. I don't know whether there are logs available. If so, please direct me to the correct location so that I can show you some stacktraces  :)

Specifically, these are the problems I notice:

• Autosync doesn't always work. When I create/edit a track on both WebUI or Locus Maps, it doesn't always sync  to the other side (I'm using only one device with Locus Map). I do have the latest beta installed. Most of the time it doesn't sync automatically.
  • Currently, I can consistently make Locus crash. I recorded an activity. I used an external GPS receiver if that matters. The track doesn't appear in WebUI. When I tap the sync button at the top of the Data - Tracks page, Locus crashes and restarts immediately.
LM Pro - LocusMap 4 🥇
  •  

Menion

Thanks for the info about crashes with LoPoints > issue found & fixed.

@tapio
I've also noticed once or twice the problem with not appearing bottom dialog. Seems you have this issue a lot more often. I'll try to find a reason for this behavior ...

@joeloc
- permanently visible "track rec. notification" and others, in the top toolbar > when you restart your device, they diss-appear right? Are you able to simulate this behavior? Anyway, it's weird, I did not remember I saw something like this ...

- network on the main thread > heh, funny. This is technically impossible, Android deny this behavior for quite a long time. Anyway, I'm testing it, and really ... there smell something, hmm. (Little later) Thanks, got a small problem with the incorrect refresh of the UI during the loading. So next version.

- long tap, generally work with centering & visible popup will be completely new in the next version. I've rewritten it a lot to work better ...

- points that are not visible on the map after add > thanks, probably next victim of new "draw better" system we just updated. Next version ...

And no, it is definitely not too early. It is more too late :). I do many "risky" updates and we would really like to publish the version out very soon, so everything counts ...

@auric
Unfortunately, the app does not automatically report any crashes now, so I'll have to ask You and also @joeloc for help here. We have a little more complex description of how to create logs here, so please give it a try right after any crash appears. Thanks very much! I'm currently not aware of any crashes, so every log may be useful.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

New version *** MapGooglePlay_4.0.0 - Beta 7_989_beta *** just uploaded to Google Drive.

Quite a lot of various fixes & improvements. So mainly @joeloc & @auric, please update before further testing or creating bug reports. Thanks and enjoy the weekend to all!!
  •  

Jochen

Hello Menion,

in the new Beta the route planner doesn't work anymore.

Kind regards

Jochen

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

john_percy

Quote from: Jochen on February 19, 2021, 17:24:08
Hello Menion,

in the new Beta the route planner doesn't work anymore.

Kind regards

Jochen
Same for me

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

T-mo

989_beta: route planner seems to work, but the track is not visible. Points/initery, chart and stats available.

blue-lock symbol: low contrast
  •  

joeloc

Route planners points and lines are invisible here as well. But adding new POIs on main app is much better now :).
  •  

Menion

Thanks guys, you are of course correct.
The new version "989 - Beta 8" published.

Just a small warning: small issues with rendering that happen in the few latest versions are caused by quite a massive change in the inner rendering system. It may take few more iterations till all will work correctly. The result of this should anyway be a lot better performance for rendering map content, mainly in case, the content won't be directly visible on the device screen. Sorry for this and thanks for your patience and help with testing!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio, T-mo

Jochen

Thank you very much for your quick help 😊👍.... Have a nice weekend☀️.

•  

Andrew Heard

So this will explain why the recorded track is often not displayed? And sometimes takes lots of zoom in/out pan left/ right to encourage a map repaint?

beta 8 - opening change log screen is blank/ only release notes for 4.0.0 beta 6 are shown in Help
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

jonny.blue

With latest beta I had some weird problems.
I loaded some geocaches via nearest caches ... and tried to use such a new cache in route planer => LM crashes immediately.
After restart looked in points ... and there the new points are all invisible.
Tried to switch to visible with "all visible" ... doesn't work. Made them all unvisible and then visible ... works.
Played a little bit with this state .... and had following effect:
point was unvisible - I touched it - point was visible for a second and switched automaticly back to unvisible.🥴
  •  

jonny.blue

PS: even without 'new points' route planer crashes while creating new routes ... 🤔
  •  

balloni55

- routeplaner, click on geocache or poi icon > locus FC
- nearest points > click any of the list, list didn´t disappeares i have to swipe list left to see the selected one
- some locus icons and also some custom icons are not displayed in preview, there is only a blue dot
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

Had Locus crash out in the wilds, but cannot tell what I did.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •