Dynamic way points

Started by tycon, June 14, 2011, 19:28:20

tycon

Hello - really great app!  Actually Locus Pro is the only  app I have ever bought :-D   Anyway I was wondering if it is possible to to have way points which update their position dynamically.  Basically if you import a  KML file now, network links in that kml are dropped.  This would be a great feature if there is not already a way to do it.  I was thinking about writing an addon for this, but I am not even sure if I can have Locus update the points regularly.

We are launching a weather balloon and would love to be able to track it as a dynamic position.  Right now the only way this seems possible is to use bluetooth gps and have the bluetooth device be sending the position of the balloon rather than its current position.   This would work but then we would not know where WE are !  :-D

Any ideas on the best way to do this or a current way to do this would be awesome!
  •  

Menion

hmm I was thinking about NetworkLink but I wasn't sure if anyone use this ... I'll look at it but cannot promise. I think that this is feature that will not have many users :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

tycon

Ok great, thanks.  I have written software using these and the biggest issue is that normally you can select in the kml when you want the link updated. (on focus change, on window movement, time interval etc.)...  It would great to just support it on a simple time interval.  

Dynamic waypoints could also be accomplished by allowing the user to enter a kml via url bar, and have locus recheck and import the kml it now and then.  That seems like the easiest way to implement :)  .   Thanks for the reply - Tyler
  •  

berkley

With kml-network-links you could easily add your fusion tables too...

Just saying :D
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

tycon

Ahh yea I did not know about fusion tables, cool . Yes, it seems like there are huge possibilities and flexibility with network link support.
  •