Full screen display & Android 11

Started by NickJP, August 11, 2020, 09:03:28

NickJP

I installed the just released Android 11 beta 3 on my Pixel 4, as it's pretty much the final release before the real thing. One thing I have noticed with it is that if I have Full Screen enabled in Locus display settings, then none of the icons in the bottom and right panels function - tapping on them gets no response.

If I turn off full screen display in the settings, then the icons function as expected.

Android 11 build number RPB3.200720.005 and Locus Pro 3.47.2.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Curious question: how is this Scoped Storage behaving ?
BTW: Menion wrote in other track that he is off for a week riding his bike ...
  •  

NickJP

Well, with Locus not using full screen display, everything I've used in it so far works as expected.

For more info on scoped storage, see https://developer.android.com/preview/privacy/storage.
  •  

michaelbechtold

TXs, Nick, for the link.
I have a rough understanding of the Android storage concepts over time. What I do not know is how this is handled by Menion/Locus for Android 11. I cannot try, as I do not run the Android 11 beta.
Areas of concern are SRTM, databases, maps, themes and alike.
In particular if Locus should use the Android/data structure, which is fordidden even for file manager apps, as I read.
  •  

Menion

Interesting problem. I'm using A11 already for a few months and all should be prepared for the final release.
I can imagine that bottom panel may be affected by the bottom system navigation panel somehow, but right panel should definitely work as expected.
I'll try it on the simulator as I own only Pixel 2 device.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

michaelbechtold

Ahh, you are fluent in A11, Meion - great.
So, what are the changes we are facing?
Backup of massive track DBs, manual installation of themes, ... you know the list better than I do.
TXs and cheers and enjoy the riding
Michael
  •  

NickJP

Quote from: menion on August 12, 2020, 17:29:44
I can imagine that bottom panel may be affected by the bottom system navigation panel somehow, but right panel should definitely work as expected.
You're right. I just went and tested it again after rebooting the phone, and the right panel *is* working with full screen display, but the bottom panel definitely isn't. None of the icons - centering map at current location, rotation, plus and minus, or lock - none of them respond unless full screen display is disabled.
  •  

Menion

@michaelbechtold
probably the biggest problem will be mentioned access to internal memory. Fortunately, I was able to opt-out from this requirement for this year, but till September 2021, it will have to be solved. This is also biggest push for us, to work on our own cloud storage (sync system), that should prevent loss of any points/tracks.
Other changes are related to permissions and some changes regards communication with 3rd party apps, but seems that all other thinks works correctly.

Mentioned problem with full screen in this topic, is more a general problem how Locus Map work in fullscreen. I desperatelly needs to find week or two and write this correctly ... finally.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

TomHH

Well, full screen display works fine for me. But as I use gesture navigation  I don't have any buttons at the bottom of the screen. All panels of Locus work as expected.

Pixel 3, A11 Beta 3, Locus pro 3.48
  •