Started by Menion, July 14, 2020, 13:30:23

Menion

Important links
- list of news of public versions

Versions
7. 7. 2020 - Locus 3.47.0
14. 7. 2020 - Locus 3.47.1
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quotefix: incorrect thumbnails of attached photos
sorry, not for me

my example photos inside zip of post
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6817.msg60443#msg60443

i have seen that in the exif data of the image that is not displayed as a thumbnail, there is no exif "orientation" (Right top) for "Thumbnail"
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hi @balloni55,
thanks for the report. I've received one incorrect photo from John which I was able to solve by updating Picasso library (the library I use for loading images) to a new version. Unfortunately seems it does not solve the issue with your huge photo. Once I've reduced it's size, it works correctly, so it looks like image lib has some problems with bigger photos, damn.
  •  

Tapio

BUG
Data Manager - Import tracks into folder - Longtap a gpx - "..." Select All

It selects none.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Henk van der Spek

In 3.47.2 with backups on my external SD-card and Locus completely in internal memory, deleting a backup-zip-file does not work.
I go to "Restore" and tap the three dots and choose delete, but the file is still there.
Minor problem, only used for extra temporarily settings backups.
Android 7.
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Čelda

As a geocacher I've been using guidance and notification of points for ages (and it's been working like a charm.). I use a single alert with 3 beeps and alert distance of 50m. However, today I spotted a weird behaviour: Sometimes (but not always) when I started a new guidance to a distant geocache wpt, the alert with beeps came immediatelly even though the distance of the wpt was much bigger than 50m ! Later, when I really reached the distance of 50m no other alert was activated. Locus 3.47.2
  •  

Henk van der Spek

For me the beeps sometimes come before the guidance calculation is finished at the startup of the guidance. I see Locus then searching for the nearest point.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Armor_2 met Tapatalk

Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
sorry for my missing answers here. Is the problem with guidance notification still actual? Should I check it more carefully or it was a one-time issue.

The new version already published, so please new bugs/discussion regards the new version in the appropriate topic here, thanks.
  •  

Čelda

In the meantime I've found out more exactly when the problem occurs:
The wrong alert comes when I guide to a wpt (a geocache), reach it and start a new guidance to another wpt without stopping the old one first. When I stop the old one first and then start the new guidance, everything works OK.
However, in the new Locus version this might have been corrected, I will give another report if not.
  •  

Menion

Weird. I'm trying to simulate it and no problem. Even in code, it looks safe. Every activated guidance has fresh new parameters so such a problem should not appear. I'll be watching this.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hi Menion,
after some time I used the routing/guidance again and found that the screen does no longer turn on when voice command comes. Locus has admin rights, and the setting is enabled.

Also, on the S10 the icon selection for points is flickering like crazy, the lower bound of the overlay window. Same with screen selection of points in the routing setup, there the whole map is flickering.

Saving a track requires turning the device horizontally to get to the save button - again on the S10.

But there is good news, too: once the location is switched off inside Locus, the Android level GPS tracking goes passive, too (since a few weeks already, to be honest :-)

TXs and cheers
Michael

PS: above applies to the new alpha, too.

•  

Menion

Hello Michael,

thanks for precise description of interesting issues ... well, my colleague Jan has S10 as well and he does not suffer by a problems you wrote.

Interesting ... restart of device does not help? What about disabling full-screen (it also sometimes affect more than expected)?

GPS fine ... anyway weird things happens on your device :/.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hi Menion,
restart does not help, unfortunately.
However, disabling full screen mode brings back the save botton.
Yet, there is a reason to use full screen mode ...
Can this issue be fixed ?
Any logs you would need ?
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •