Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

Tapio

Downloaded the beta... it feels weird from UI point of view. Because nothing visibly happens, the finger is on the button, you cannot see the profile change.
I see Menions point but I can see now this solution is something that will hardly be used.
Only solution I see is options for assigning functions to those buttons.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Beta? It is a regular version with this feature for the secret test ;).

And I have the same experience. There is added haptic feedback for long-click, but not everyone has enabled it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

If the function, whereever it is offered, does not directly draw a point AND make manual profile switching obsolete, I think we do not win much.
I didn't see it before tbh.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

poutnikl

Consider adding a regular routed segment as typing a letter on a keyboard, while adding a straight segment as a CAPITAL one.

Consider explicit profile switching to straight line as CAPS LOCK activation.

Consider long pressing route or + button as using SHIFTed letter to type just 1 or 2 CAPITALS.

What is wrong with SHIFT key ?

I see just 1 issue, why to use right SHIFT and not left, if right one is already taken ?

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

T-mo

Menion, even though without feedback so far, still checking out LM4 8)
Yeah, congrats to the latest enhancements here and there, a lot of route planning, .., very impressive *thumbs up* 8)

- I know there was this BIG discussion about the gps-center-button. Honestly, I don't use 'rotate map' and will never do. I couldn't find an option to finally disable this one(!)-tap-to-enable-map-rotation as this mode will only bring trouble to me, that's for sure.. Can you guide me?

- you noted it somewhere, currenty l don't invest time searching for it - using vector-maps the caching of the rendered view is very small. Moving view across tile-borders (without changing Zoom-level or vector-theme, details etc. ) always forces a re-calculation of already rendered areas, with expensive costs IMHO. example-Vid at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NUDy_QjVkXiPBYky8iIjnNzvCvui8hJI/view?usp=sharing

Quote from: lor74cas on April 15, 2020, 11:54:46
Hello,
I do not understand why this option is the top voted "Long click on "Route type": toggle between "manual" and "selected" routing".
"Toggle" function is a shortcut to change the profile to manual and back, it does not to draw directly a manual point.
I also voted for this top one - stupid me - and I guess this 2nd one might does not fit to most 'need' (> most important) and/or might be a sort of unusual setting, combining/mixing profile and +new-point. Might come in handy though, but is a combo > profile-button (route type) triggers a new-point-action. Still some days for votes. If not, there's hope, as we know, Menion is an expert in finding perfect solutions for special pro-community-needs 8) Maybe a further drop-down-setting (in settings) or new GUI-stuff like pie-menus (e.g. Blender) might help..

edit: added small details
  •  

lor74cas

Every time i update locus pro and locus beta, locus 4 disappears and I can't even install it again from apk file
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

balloni55

you have to choose between LM beta and LM4, both at the same time are not possible
I have turned off the automatic updates of the beta for this reason
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

Ricardo Borges

Where is the Expert settings? Not available yet?

Enviado de meu Moto Z3 Play usando o Tapatalk

•  

poutnikl

Is not there any trick like Android hidden developer menu?

like multitasking some button or menu item? I do not remember any more...

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

balloni55

Quote from: Ricardo Borges on April 16, 2020, 13:16:16
long click on menu button > Expert settings, it´s a toggle button on/off
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Ricardo Borges

Quote from: balloni55 on April 16, 2020, 14:31:31
Quote from: Ricardo Borges on April 16, 2020, 13:16:16
long click on menu button > Expert settings, it´s a toggle button on/off
Thanks!

Enviado de meu Moto Z3 Play usando o Tapatalk

•  

Menion

The new version today uploaded to Google Drive (link in the first post).

Suggest to give it a try ... all will be satisfied ;)

@T-mo
thanks for the feedback ;)

- gps-center-button: disabling rotation? Do not understand. Just don't tap on the button again when you are centered.

- caching vector maps: this is correct. Last May when I made a bigger change to whole map system, caching was really limited, because in most cases, it caused only troubles. Vector maps are little more expensive and in cases, you care about every tiny Watt of your battery, it may be useful to download small area as raster maps. Anyway I've never tested this precisely, so can't say for sure real effect.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

lor74cas

The idea to let the user to set up the long click function it's great. All happy.
Found a little bug in manual mode Locus does not draw the line connecting the points.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

I tried the new circular automatic track, yes it works but why should I use it for ?

What I need is something that connects last point to start point to create a circular track

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker

T-mo

8)

- gps-center-button: yeah, happens if being in talk with someone, while biking, no smartphone-mount available, windy, partially one-handed moving+zoom view around, and auto-centering enabled. If you press 5ms after auto-center happens, then BAM :D

- caching: oh well, ok. Honestly, Elevate-Theme is quite heavy in calculation/rendering, due to lot of details of course. While being on the move on vacation I always choosed John's awesome Velocity-theme (part of VoluntaryUK) when speed matters, which is often the case in unknown areas.

- route planner
- attached 2 pics of route planner (256Colours to smaller size)
- pic: if I plan with 'navigation hints' I get (as desired result) a lot of hint-points. Their labels might get annoying while moving view and on-hover. If I choose to not calculate them, the problem is (of course) not there, but also don't get navigation-hints if I continue with route-planner > navigation. So I prefer to calculate them. I don't want to change Basic point labels on-hover (point & tracks > point). Is there a setting around to only show the hint-points as dot without any hover-symbol-labels? If so I feel sorry, you still implemented a lot of customisations, still searched..
- route planner > navigation. Starts navigation. If I stop/end navigation and do route-planning again, the last track is understood as 'saved' and therefore cleared ('retain unsaved plan' activated). Nasty if you get into the situation to need to re-setup and further optimise the last track in route planner.. (still did testing with simple test-routes)
- pic: route planner itinerary: some white space available..feedback for possible layout-optimisation (sure, HD-display here which might not always the case)

- really love the new LM4-grid-layer, good training in coordinates IMHO ;D

(3.45.0.1 LM4_925_beta)
  •