Lane Guidance, how do I find it?

Started by Bob Kat, October 31, 2019, 09:26:09

Bob Kat

I have searched both the user guide and this forum but can not find any mention of Lane Guidance.

On a recent trip to UK using a dedicated GPS, I found this extremely valuable especially with there crazy roads and roundabouts.

•  

freischneider

I am not sure but I believe that this does not exist. It is mainly a Ourdoor app and not a car app. Cycling, hiking, geocaching, etc. The car area is just a byproduct.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

poutnikl

Furthermore, LocusMap does not have it's own routing, but relies on the 3rd party routing providers, either offline or online.

It then just works what it has been provided with.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 9, via Tapatalk

Bob Kat

Thanks guys for the very quick replies, looks like I might have to go back to my researching various apps.
  •  

freischneider

With us there is nothing better like google maps for the car. Latest data, closures, traffic, traffic jams ...
  •  

poutnikl

It can be questioned, as sometimes offline solution is preferred.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 9, via Tapatalk

Bob Kat

Google maps is fine if you want to take the fastest route from point A to point B.

I am planning a tour of USA and doing Route 66 so I want to set way points to define my scenic routes.

I found Locus Map will allow me to follow my defined route but lane guidance is very important when driving in unfamiliar areas.

For some reason I thought that Locus Map had this function. :'(
  •  

freischneider

I'm not sure. I think you can send a track that you created in Locus to google maps.
  •