[APP] - version 3.40.+ ( 2. 10. 2019 )

Started by Menion, October 02, 2019, 13:38:28

teokcmy

We used to be able to add waypoint directly from the 4x1 widget while recording track, but that option is no longer available.
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
#41 , fine :). With logs manager, you probably noticed I had to change the selection to dialog from that floating buttons. The issue you reported was because there was not enough space for five items so the button was by accident completely hidden.

@Mips
hmm Android 5, such a feature should be device-independent. When you click on the bottom-left centering icon, what happens? Also, do you have enabled "Hold map center" settings?

@Thomas S
very old problem I know about and for some reason, I had big problems to fix it without breaking some other feature. Screen with "Point detail" will receive complete redesign over winter, so this issue will be definitelly fixed as a side-effect of this change.

@teokcmy
it is still there. Just seems that icon is missing ... issue found, will be fixed in 3.41+
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Mips

@Menion
QuoteWhen you click on the bottom-left centering icon, what happens?
The icon is activated and deactivated shortly afterwards and the map position is shifted.
In the normally map view it's all right.

Mips
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Can't be sure, but it seems I'm seeing more texts being cut-off again.  Is this a by-product of the speed-up to map rendering in .2? 

(Or to rephrase, was the "fix" to the text problem an intended byproduct of extra rendering done in 3.40, now removed?)
  •  

Menion

@Mips
we have one more guy on help desk who have same problem. And ... you are the only two. None of us is able to simulate it, weird.

If you are willing to help a little more, "Backup of settings" (over backup manager) and recorded short video may help here a lot. I should restore your settings and try to simulate it exactly based on the video. If you want to do this, send the result on jiri.mlavec@asamm.com email, thank you.

@Viajero Perdido
Hmm ... sometimes, I'm more than stupid. I was searching for source of this slowdown and during testing I've disabled internaly this feature. It has no effect, but remain disabled in production version. Sorry!
  •  

Tapio

In GPX import screen, bottom option: Is there a reason why Locus always has it unchecked initially? I always prefer srtm elevation data. I think Locus should remember the state. I see no problem here... if user decides to use the recorded elevation data, he can re-import the gpx again.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

skwal

on the past version i lost 20% battery when  i use locus just to log my track for 3 hours.
display off and in the pocket

with the new version i tried it two times
both time i lost wtih the same procedure 40-45%

any idea where this difference come from?
  •  

freischneider

@ Skawal: Have you ever looked how much share Locus had on the battery consumption. It could be synonymous with what else has consumed a lot of battery. I did not notice any difference.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

Modify track with many waypoints: Screen turns off (sometimes), Locus crashes (always).
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Christian

Quote from: tapio on October 13, 2019, 16:55:55
Modify track with many waypoints: Screen turns off (sometimes), Locus crashes (always).
since ancient times  :(
  •  

Christian

Galaxy S8 w/ latest Locus final release:
Screen is locked (w/out PW) - starting Locus from the side panel - share track preview - preview is generated - tap share button - Locus goes to background - Lockscreen is shown for one second - then Locus is shown again with map screen and track. No selection of apps :(
Workaround: close Locus - unkock Screen - starting Locus again - share track preview works.
I miss the possibility to unlock the lockscreen or a hint of "unlock screen at first" or something like that.
  •  

Christian

Since v3.40.x or so: tap track on map screen - tap into popup to go into track detail screen - tap on small arrow to go into the folder the track is stored -  activate another track by tapping on the eye symbol  - then go back by using the Android back button.
Before v3.40 you tap two times and you are out of track manager and back on map screen - if i remember well. Now you have to tap billion times and go back the whole bread crumbs.
Possible Workaround: please provide a link in the track popup for "(go into) folder". I remember there is always a request on the help desk.
Thank you.
  •  

jonny.blue

when creating a new geocaching waypoint its default values are generated with '°' ... but with this symbol the waypoint can't be saved.
If the '°' is removed ... the waypoint can be saved without error message.
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: jonny.blue on October 13, 2019, 19:13:15
when creating a new geocaching waypoint its default values are generated with '°' ... but with this symbol the waypoint can't be saved.
If the '°' is removed ... the waypoint can be saved without error message.
In the German forum was discussed. Both types of writing should be possible.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

@tapio
I still think that this setting "Fill elevation" is usually not needed to change and if, then definitely with awareness. Yes, you may re-import your data if you notice this problem on time. You may also by accident overwrite more precise data then Locus is able to generate without notice. So I still consider manual selection and in case of need, later manual "Fill elevation" as a better solution.

Modify track with many waypoints: eh, you just do editing and during that process, device turn screen off?? App crashes and it happens since "ancient times" (@Christian)? Am I aware of it? A better description for simulation is welcome, thanks!

@Christian
problem with generating preview sound quite complicated to me. What means "start Locus from side panel"? Maybe the video of this process is possible?

Display additional track ... click billion times? :). I see that first back press display list of folders and second click than return to the previous track. So maybe the first click does not work as before? I'm checking the app source code and see no difference, hmm. Anyway fastest how to display new track, same as with points, is to tap on track overview. This immediately display track on the map and return directly to the map screen.

@jonny.blue
another interesting problem where I see no difference in code (last edit before 10 months), but the same issue happens to me as well, interesting. It will be fixed in the next version, thanks.
  •