Export of recorded GPX-Tracks to external SD card

Started by Hadubrand, July 12, 2019, 12:04:58

Hadubrand

I have already started this topic in the German-speaking forum but can not believe the final answer.

I have problems to export recorded GPX tracks to the ext. SD card (64 GB). I mean, that was formerly not like that.

My device: Samsung Galaxy S8+, latest updates, Android 9.

I left the main directory on the internal SD, as recommended, configured the export directory and the backup directory to <ext-SD>/_LOCUS/export respective <ext-SD>/_LOCUS/ backup. If I try to export a GPX track recorded by Locus, locus reports 'operation not successful'.
If I reset the setting of the export directory to the main directory, i.e.
/storage/emulated/0/Android/menion.lodus.pro/files/Locus/export, the export works.

The backup, on the other hand, works, i.e. Locus is principally able to write the external SD.

What happened, or what am I doing wrong?

I also have a similar problem with my older Samsung Galaxy S5 (Android 6) which I use normally during my bicycle tours. Due to poor internal storage capacity I set the Locus main directory to the external SD-card. The export does not work to a special export folder <ext- SD>/_LOCUS/export, nor to the standard (default) export directory, i.e. <ext-SD>/Android/data/menion.locus.pro/files/Locus/export.
In both cases, I get 'operation unsuccessful'. What do you recommend?

Best regards
Ulli
  •  

c.s.g.

Hi Ulli,

Locus can only write some data to another folder than the default folder, in your case "/storage/emulated/0/Android/menion.lodus.pro/files/Locus/export", on the external sd-card. lodus is locus I think  ;).
Which one you can find here,  especially here.

But I think there is a feature request to enable the export of gpx-files to external sd-card to any folder selected in the settings of Locus. But I do not find it at the moment. Maybe somewhere in Locus Helpdesk there is a corresponding feature request.

Because Locus is already able to write backups to the external sd-card I can imagine exporting gpx files on external sd-card would be possible to.

As far as I know exporting gpx-files to sd-card worked until Android 4.3 and only rooted devices since Android 4.4.

Best regards
Stefan
  •  

Hadubrand

Sorry, the default folder I stated had two spelling errors, it is really
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/menion.android.locus.pro/files

Hopefully without errors this time.

I think, it is really a feature request, also with respect of  my S5 where the export folder in Locus' main directory, i.e.
/storage/SD-ID/Android/data/menion.android.locus.pro/files/Locus/export cannot be written.

Is perhaps the size of my 2 SD cards the cause of the problem? Both have 64 GB.

Regards
Ulli
  •  

c.s.g.

Hi Ulli,

I do not think the size of the external sd-card is the problem.

On my Samsung Galaxy Note4, running Android Stock ROM 6.0.1, I have an extenal 64GB sd-card installed.
Downloading LoMaps to this sd-card or running backups from Locus on the external sd-card works as expected without any problem.
Even my "backup device", a Samsung Galaxy S4, running Android 5.0.1 Stock ROM, do not have any problems with its installed 64 GB external sd-card when downloading LoMaps or running backups from Locus to the external sd-card.

Would you start a feature request at Locus HelpDesk? My vote is sure for that feature.
Or should I start the feature request at Locus HelpDesk?

Yours
Stefan

PS: Forgot to mention, that the folders on the external sd-cards are named ""/extLocus/backup/" and "/extLocus/mapsVector". I. e. Folders created by me. I wrote  read somewhere that Locus might get problems, if the root-folder on external sd-card also named "/Locus/".
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Hadubrand

Hadubrand

Quote from: c.s.g. on July 12, 2019, 15:53:05
Hi Ulli,

I do not think the size of the external sd-card is the problem.

On my Samsung Galaxy Note4, running Android Stock ROM 6.0.1, I have an extenal 64GB sd-card installed.
Downloading LoMaps to this sd-card or running backups from Locus on the external sd-card works as expected without any problem.
Even my "backup device", a Samsung Galaxy S4, running Android 5.0.1 Stock ROM, do not have any problems with its installed 64 GB external sd-card when downloading LoMaps or running backups from Locus to the external sd-card.

Would you start a feature request at Locus HelpDesk? My vote is sure for that feature.
Or should I start the feature request at Locus HelpDesk?

Yours
Stefan

PS: Forgot to mention, that the folders on the external sd-cards are named ""/extLocus/backup/" and "/extLocus/mapsVector". I. e. Folders created by me. I wrote  read somewhere that Locus might get problems, if the root-folder on external sd-card also named "/Locus/".
Hi Stefan, I found the problem in a thread on the Help Desk and an answer of Menion.
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/exporting-tracks-process-unsuccessful
I posted a comment to this thread.
Yours
Ulli
  •