Problem with the track recording since 3.38 version

Started by joeloc, May 30, 2019, 18:34:35

joeloc

Hi Menion. Since latest Pro Update, I can no longer record proper tracks. Even with "Location Interpolation" or whatever this new thingy is called set to "minimum", my position keeps wandering off aimlessly and strays away more than  20 meters from the correct place from time to time... randomly but quite often.

What makes this quite horrible: If I actually set this interpolation thing to OFF, it wanders around even worse... sometimes as much as 100m. When I get back to the same spot after a while, the position might be fine.... or it might not. Really random.

Maybe there is a little bug in your code that actually interprets OFF as "do as much as nonsense as possible"? :-)

I'd appreciate a quick fix if you find it. Not being able to record proper tracks at all is a real bummer. The Galaxy Note 8 was always spot on and accurate by the meter before this new Locus "feature".

Running latest pro on latest Android Pie on Galaxy S8+. There was also a Samsung Firmware update in-between when this position mess started, but I still suspect Locus. The position problems really look like a filter going crazy or some such.

Thanks...
  •  

Menion

Good day joeloc,
you seem to be only one who has a problem with the latest version. Interpolation of location (Location filter) is in the app since version 3.37 so more than 2 months. There is also an option "No filtration" that completely disable this function, so then raw location received from internal GPS, without any modification, is saved.

In such cases, usually, best is to give a quick try to a different application to confirm bug in Locus Map itself. You may also give a try to older Locus Map version. For track recording, simply install next to Pro version so older Locus Map Free and give it a try. Older versions are for download here.

Anyway everything is possible, but please, give a try to different app or older version to really confirm problem in recent version. Thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

How does downgrading work? I tried e. g. 3.37.2, but it cannot be installed, see attachment.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

tommi

Quote from: tapio on May 31, 2019, 21:52:54
How does downgrading work? I tried e. g. 3.37.2, but it cannot be installed, see attachment.
Did you uninstall Locus Pro before?
This is likely the mechanism in Android which prevents downgrading installed Apps.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio