Cache expiration time

Started by ville_sml, May 30, 2011, 23:42:27

ville_sml

I would like to see a cache timeout option, that would cause a tile to have an expiration date/time.
With this, when map gets updated, there is no need to delete the whole cache of tiles, it would renew itself over time.

Also this option is good for dynamically/interactively updated map source.

Thanks.
  •  

Menion

hi,
  option added. Not you can set value for every single online map. Check on testing version here on forum (will be probably release today) or later on market version (tomorrow probably)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

rvheddeg

How could I access this option?
  •  

Menion

go to Map manager, select Online maps tab, tap on any map provider (for example 'MapQuest') and on list of maps ('Classic', 'Sate...', ..) tap on map you want to set cache, but tap on center of screen, not on checkbox on right side and from submenu select "Set 'valid for' item ...
  •  

rvheddeg

Hi, this option worked very well until I wanted to clear this setting. That was not allowed. OK, I said to myself, maybe 0 (zero) would do the trick. Alas, this is the opposite from what I wanted, AND I couldn't change it anymore! The only setting that I now see for this map is "Information".

I could reproduce this bug/feature? consistently.

Resume:
1) Please add a way to clear this setting
2) I want to be able to change this value from my maps now. Continuous refreshing tiles is the opposite from what I was aiming...

Version is 1.16.1
  •  

Menion

thank you for email and sorry for late response. Problem fixed (will  be possible to change '0' in next release)
  •  

Menion

testing fixed version viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1537#p9270
  •