Re: [APP] - version 3.38.+ ( 22. 5. 2019 )

Started by Menion, May 22, 2019, 13:23:28

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on July 03, 2019, 16:47:15
New Beta version 3.38.7.3 just published.

I've spent almost two days by tracking possible places of slowdown during map rendering. Do not know if anyone of you had any problems with it, but I register many reports that maps are slower and using more CPU then before. And I believe it was well invested time, so give it a try. Maybe you will feel any difference :).
For me it's faster now, but at big scale 2km for example the rendering, moving the map, is still slow. At usual scale in normal from 100 to 400 Mt it's good.
Tested with Italy map.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

And we talk about vector maps? Do you have any other content on the screen (overlay, wms, huge number of points/tracks)? Not all is optimized, but map rendering itself (map, overlay, wms) is.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on July 03, 2019, 18:55:42
And we talk about vector maps? Do you have any other content on the screen (overlay, wms, huge number of points/tracks)? Not all is optimized, but map rendering itself (map, overlay, wms) is.
OAM 4 Shadow enabled with srtm 1 arc

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Andrew Heard

3.38.7.1 & 3.38.7.3 at Locus startup: track record bottom panel + cancel button displayed for < 1 second, no progress bar, no chance to cancel track recording

any existing track > Edit Info > crash > (Locus has stopped - Open app again)
Edit Info in 3.38.7 Pro is fine.

I also note (probably not beta related) when you go Store > profile > buy LoCoin, that the balance is not updated at the top of the profile panel until you Back > Back > Back... etc then reenter Store > profile.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

That store refresh thing is what I also noticed in current Google Play version.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

balloni55

if i stop track recording, locus V3.38.7.3 FC
after restart of Locus, track recording is paused > stop > FC
so i stopped this track recording with PRO
Log send ~9:50 this morning from my gmail account
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Ah, nice issue. Thanks for pointing on the problem with recording. Fixed. Same issue in Live tracking screen. Will rather double change whole critical places.

The issue in Store > thanks as well, fixed!
  •  

tramp20

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

CabrioTourer

Can't save tracks in route planner with 38.7.3
Locus restarts or simply close route planner when pressing save. No Save dialog shown.
  •  

Menion

It's because you are on too old version ;).
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: menion on July 04, 2019, 20:58:12
It's because you are on too old version ;).
Which is a way of saying there's a new beta just released.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

john_percy

I'm a little doubtful about the functionality of the Active items button in the left hand slide out menu
1. It only shows KML/KMZ points and tracks loaded in the Map Items screen although Map Items also works with other file types such as OV2 and GPX. That's an odd restriction.
2. To get items to show up in Active items I have to tap the eye icon in Map Items. If I then hide an item in Active items, I have a crossed out eye icon there and an active eye icon in Map Items. I found that confusing. If that's the way it is to work it might be better with a tristate icon in Map Items: blue eye (visible), ghosted eye (turned off in Active items), crossed out ghosted eye (turned off in Map Items) and with active items showing either a blue active icon or a ghosted grey one. That's just a suggestion but I don't think the present arrangement makes sense.
  •  

lor74cas

@Menion, please take a look at this unsolved issue
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6509.msg55532#msg55532

I tried some minutes ago with the last published beta, no way.
There is something on locus app side that does not work properly, I do not think at a server issue.

1) LT ON and data connection ON (web tracking ok)
2) LT ON and data connection OFF (to simulate the operator data connection fail) wait for web LT disappear - locus app in background
3) LT ON and data connection ON locus app in background (You can wait but you do not appear again on the web LT)
4) LT ON and data connection ON locus app in foreground (Here I'm back on web LT)

So if I lose the data connection and I do not put again in foreground the locus app who is following me lose my tracking.
Case of use, trail running race, MTB ecc where in do not need to use Locus for the map but just for the LT.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Tapio

"Active items" - how can I make that item appear again? I turned it on in the options, loaded my tracks, points and Lomaps POI. Blue tab bottom left does not appear.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: tapio on July 06, 2019, 08:16:49
"Active items" - how can I make that item appear again? I turned it on in the options, loaded my tracks, points and Lomaps POI. Blue tab bottom left does not appear.
It only works with KML/KMZ files from the Map Items screen rather than tracks, points and Locus POIs. The tab doesn't appear if there are no active KML/KMZ items. Is that it?

•