Geocaching4Locus - switch to new Groundspeak API v1

Started by Die Batzen, April 17, 2019, 19:42:12

Die Batzen

Are there any news regarding the switch of Geocaching4Locus from the old to the new Groundspeak API?
Retiring date of the old API is getting closer and closer ...
  •  

Menion

Hi Thomas, best to ask developer directly or check this add-on public repository here: https://github.com/arcao/Geocaching4Locus/issues/96

Unfortunately, I also do not have any news.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Leeds Tyke

I emailed Arcao - no response. Looked on the public repository and it doesn't seem to show any recent activity. I am seriously worried that we will soon be struggling to use Locus for caching.
  •  

Menion

Hmm, that may be a problem ... we will see at the start of May. Then I'll try to do something with it ... (push Arcao a little or start coding by myself ...)
  •  

Holger

Quote from: Leeds Tyke on April 23, 2019, 19:59:26
I emailed Arcao - no response. Looked on the public repository and it doesn't seem to show any recent activity. I am seriously worried that we will soon be struggling to use Locus for caching.
You can still use Locus for caching. But you might have to deal with GSAK.
I use GSAK for cache management on the PC. It's much faster, clearer and much more convenient than Phone and Tablet.
Then the phone and tablet are automatically synchronized via WLAN and Locus goes completely offline. There are no API problems.
Logging is also possible via GSAK.
  •  

TimoG

Is there any news about an update of Geocaching4Locus? The 1st of May has already come...
  •  

jonny.blue

Because a lot of geocaching functions are implemented directly in Locus and for me it isn't complete clear what's in Locus/addon  ... what functions are only in this addon available?
Means ... what wouldn't work if the addon isn't adapted?
  •  

JoxM

For me the app is still working perfectly. Seems that the change of API hadn't had any negative effect.
Or are both APIs working on GS side for an overlapping period of time?
  •  

Menion

I wrote to Arcao a few days ago, but still no response. He is not active on Facebook, no changes on his GitHub account. No idea what happens.

And still working ... it should stop work on 1. 6. 2019. Groundspeak increased their dead-line till the end of May.
  •  

TimoG

Thanks for your feedback.

It's strange, the addon was always maintained regularly....
  •  

freischneider

Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

jonny.blue

... and the new version is online 8) .... and seems to work.   ;)
  •  

JGeo

Unfortunately, for me it doesn't work. I'am redirected to the geocaching.com page, log in, see that logging in is successful, click on "Agree", then get back to Locus with the message:
"Because my login has expired (after 90 days) you're logged out. Please log in again" (but then in Dutch).
Tried multiple times, rebooted, restarted Locus Pro, but unfortunately: no success. Could this have to do with the new API?

I am using Geocaching4Locus 2.2.6 (17878f9) and Locus Pro 3.38.3.
  •  

jonny.blue

Hmmm, for me it's working on two different devices in Pro and Beta.

... and it's faster then Locus with loading map parts. 😉😁
  •  

jonny.blue

In your geocaching profile -》settings-》authorisized/trusted  apps ( don't see the english word) ...
You can see if access is granted to geocaching4locus ... maybe you can see there something helping infos.
  •