Locus Map for Garmin

Started by Jan Čapek, April 17, 2019, 10:14:43

lor74cas

Quote from: lor74cas on January 18, 2020, 13:17:53
Hi, doesn't your model support buttons lock feature? Start/stop feature is implemented to behave similar as native activity apps.
Create waypoint feature is also in consideration.
Now I know something new about my watch, yes it supports this features, never know about that, thank you!
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

sbouju

Quote from: Jan Čapek - WearSoft on December 23, 2019, 14:00:48
Please let me know if reinstall really solved this issue for you or it returned occasionally.
I had it one more time yesterday. So yes, it comes back occasionally, but no so often... ;)
  •  

fera

Hey there!

Jan, have you considered apart from the customizable garmin data screens the possibility of including pedal cadence? It could be included instead of the avarage speed for example  :)

Because I understand that the custom screens are a much bigger effort to implement.

Thanks for your answer!

Edit: I forgot to ask, is this app open-source like the Sony Smartwatch 2 companion app was (I know that it was made by the Locus team)? Because if the source is public, I could squeeze the cadence into it  ;)
  •  

Jan Čapek

Hi, I would include cadence when enabling data screen customisations, thanks for your feedback.  App is not open-source.
  •  

mdmystko

Hi,
I am very happy with Locus Map on my Vivoactive 3. Taking a hike is so much easier with navigation on my wrist. If I take a longer break, I pause activity recording to get better stats. However, when I use Resume, collection of stats is not resumed. GPS track, elevation and heart rate are all recorded. On the other hand, distance and speed are ignored. I tried two approaches available in my Vivoactive 3:

• press the hardware button and keep presented screen during break time and then press Resume
  • press the hardware button, press Keep Paused, press the hardware button, press Resume
Neither of them worked. I attach a screenshot of an activity that documents the problem.
  •  

Jan Čapek

@mdmystko Hi, this unfortunately seems as some bug in Vivoactive3 firmware.  :-\ Does it happening all the time? Distance is freezed even on watch screen after resuming?
  •  

mdmystko

Yes, distance was frozen on watch screen after resuming. I recorded two such broken activities on a long hike with a 30 minutes pause. However, when I try to reproduce the problem on short (testing) hikes, everything seems to work correctly. If I identify conditions when the problem occurs, I will post once more.

BTW: I also vote for Edge support. Please, please, pretty please  :)
  •  

Jan Čapek

Our app was nominated among TOP 3 of BEST APP OF ACTIVE LIFESTYLE in 2020 Garmin Connect IQ Developer awards!

Please help us to win!  8) Vote for us here
https://forums.garmin.com/developer/connect-iq/b/news-announcements/posts/connect-iq-developer-awards---vote-for-best-apps-for-the-active-lifestyle

•  

fera

Will we get custom data screens? :)
  •  

Jan Čapek

Hi, they are for sure still planned. Sorry it takes so long!  :)
  •  

basecore

Hello,
first of all thank you for your great Addon. It works quite well.
But unfortunately on my Garmin Vivoactive 4 the location in the map view is not changing when my android smartphone lost its signal even if I'm running Locus Map on my phone with offline LoMaps.
Shortly after my phone gets signal again also the map view on the Vivoactive is working again.
I have a connection from my phone to the Garmin device. All other views on the Garmin device are updating. The offline map view on my phone is working also.

My smartphone is a Fairphone 2 with LineageOS 16.0 and MicroG (I am not using GApps).

Thank you in advance!
  •  

lor74cas

Again  Locus Pro closed, Garmin app closed, but Garmin sync notification still present.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Jan Čapek

Quote from: 0709 on June 01, 2020, 21:47:03
Yep !!!! ;D

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/blog/general/2020-connect-iq-developer-awards-winners/
;)
Quote from: basecore on June 02, 2020, 07:31:04But unfortunately on my Garmin Vivoactive 4 the location in the map view is not changing when my android smartphone lost its signal ...
Hmm, that is strange. Unfortunately you have quite unique setup, so not sure if I will be able to find out why it does not work properly for you.  :-\
Quote from: lor74cas on June 02, 2020, 17:29:34
Again  Locus Pro closed, Garmin app closed, but Garmin sync notification still present.
Info about closing and opening apps (+ course import) goes via Garmin messaging solution which is unfortunately highly unreliable. It might help to restart phone or watch to get it working again. Or you can of couse always shutdown Locus Map for Garmin service by clicking to STOP button on notification.

Jan
  •  

dominik

Hello,

I have a Garmin Fenix 3 HR.
After installing Locus Maps for Garmin I could transfer a route to my watch and navigate with it (of course without map display).
After switching to the Pro version I get the following message on my watch when trying to transfer a route:
"Import to internal storage is not supported by this device"
It worked for the free version. In the compatibility overview the Fenix 3 HR is released for this! :-\
  •  

Jan Čapek

Hi Dominic,

our app can't import route to internal storage of Fenix 3, thus the message you are getting. Activating Premium version do not affect this at all. Are you sure you didn't confuse it with navigation features controlled by phone? You can just turn on navigation on your phone and be navigated with your Fenix.

Compatibility table is correct.
  •