Navigate a tracktrack disappears

Started by Tapio, March 31, 2019, 12:06:27

Tapio

I usually navigate a pre-made, existing track. It's colored with elevation information.

Now after I tap it and start the navigation, it is usually overlayed by a new navigation track. Which does unfortunately not have the useful elevation colors. Can only be unicolor.

So my solution was to make the navigation track transparent.

BUT here's my observation: Sometimes the underlying original track is shown and can be used by tapping on it, sometimes it is not available at all while routing. Not tappable, not visible.

Edit: It's a bug. Video follows. I. e., only after showing a points info, the original track will be shown.

https://youtu.be/Cdo4fwXd7ao
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Good day tapio,
really interesting workaround have to say :).
What you see is the correct behavior. The original track is hidden at the moment, you start navigation and instead, a new line with predefined parameters is visible on the map. If there are cases, when both lines are visible, then this is! the bug, because Locus Map then draws both lines (so additional CPU usage & battery consumption). I'll check it, but unfortunately, expect that original track really should not be visible at all during navigation.

I think that this idea from Andrew is what you need.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Yes, this idea is what I'd love to see implemented and the lack of it was the reason I searched for a workaround 😊
  •  

Andrew Heard

LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

freischneider

You could color the navigation track only outside (left and right). And in the middle he remains transparent. User can set the total width and the transparent width.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

The problem is, after start of navigation the underlying track is not available at all. But hey, Menion very likely will add more coloring options to navigation tracks very soon 😉😉😉
  •