Re: [APP] - version 3.37.+ ( 18. 3. 2019 )

Started by Menion, March 18, 2019, 14:52:24

slarti76

Quote from: menion on April 22, 2019, 06:45:58
@slarti76
funny comparison to Word :). Oki agree, messages removed.
Great, thx! Always happy to make a convincing argument ;)

Quote"To edit the track, tap it" message also inform that there is no activity running. I do not see a problem with this message to be true.
After writing this, I realized there's two of those: There's a banner below the header that has this message, which takes away a little bit of screen real estate, but OK. Wouldn't mind it to have an "X" to close it on my small outdoor phone... No need for storing a default setting there, just that you can remove it once per session.
But there's also a toast with the same message. I actually don't know quite when it appears, but I assume it shouldn't be too hard to find in the code. It's orange, I think. If there's already a banner, there's no need for a toast, is there?
  •  

Menion

@john_percy
1. hmm point screen is really old and is on top of my priorities right after I get rid of map & LM4 stuff. In the moment you do a tiny change in "new point screen", the back button is equal to "save". The correct system is made in "Track edit screen" and the same needs to be applied here.

2. look on this from the opposite side: on the trip, you are in an interesting place you want to save. And the fact you play with map does not change anything on the fact, that you stand on the place you want to save.

There are situations where the first or second option is useful. Currently, Locus Map use GPS if available. If you do not like this behavior, feel free to change it in the settings > points & tracks > new point default location.

Bringing a paper map to the digital world is not always ideal I think. Here (digital world) we have one powerful information you miss on paper map: your location.

@poutnikl
do you know any other application that sort data by the center of the map? At least Google Maps definitely do not do this. Locus is a little special here.

---

Anyway in config.cfg exists parameter "gui_data_point_list_sort_by_gps" that should affect this. Expect fact it is incorrectly named, it also does not work as expected in all cases, heh.

So in the next version will be in "expert settings" new "Sort data by" settings for this. As I see, we had to discuss this long time ago. My bad > default parameter is already set to "map center", sorry :). So I'll leave it as is.

---

So based on the above paragraph, an important change to keep system same (no matter what I think now): sorting of content in the app will remain by default by "map center". Searching, to keep consistent, will use the same settings, so by default, it will use "map center" as searching center-point. Global agree?

@Andrew Heard
hmm, if possible: give a try next Beta version that will come this week. If there will still be this problem, should be again possible to share with me your current track database + current map coordinates you have? Thanks

@slarti76
hmm I see where this "toast" appears, but to fix it correctly, I need to know steps to simulate it. It should appear only when you try to do something and by some accident, no trackpoint is selected (so it should work only as a rare warning in case of a problem).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

poutnikl

Quote from: menion on April 23, 2019, 13:02:29
@poutnikl
do you know any other application that sort data by the center of the map? At least Google Maps definitely do not do this. Locus is a little special here.

No, I am not aware of it.

But it  makes sense to me as a non default option, similarly as it makes sense in other places like a favourite creation or navigation point setting.

I am not sure if to have it deep in advanced settings is flexible, OTOH nonGPS sorting is less frequent that the other cases mentioned above.

Odesláno z mého Mi A2 pomocí Tapatalk

slarti76

@slarti76
hmm I see where this "toast" appears, but to fix it correctly, I need to know steps to simulate it. It should appear only when you try to do something and by some accident, no trackpoint is selected (so it should work only as a rare warning in case of a problem).
Ok, will keep an eye out. Perhaps the toast does make sense after all, but it could also be related to the fact that I edited on a rather slow phone, I think it happens more often (or only) on that. Perhaps some race condition...
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
firstly I wanted to test big changes in map system privately a little longer but seems it is enough stable, to put it into Beta test.

So new Beta version 3.37.2.9.

The long list of changes after an update like usually. Major changes are related to a big rewrite of how app work with map files, with scaling system etc. More about it in the related topic here. Version merges all changes I made in preparation to the new 3.38 version + half of year work on new map core.

Wish you nice coming weekend!

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

john_percy

As a result of the changed way the new beta deals with scaling maps for devices of different resolution, I've put together new versions of my Mapsforge version 4 compatible themes. They are effectively add-ons to the Voluntary themes. At present they are solely for the beta version and will simply not appear in the list of available themes in the current release, hence I have named them Voluntary Mapsforge beta and Velocity beta.
Download, unzip and add to your Locus themes directory.
Please let me know if they work for you.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org

locus.sv@heime.org

The new app works great and the maps are a lot better  :)

But it would be nice if you could find some time to fix another problem with the map. This is an old problem and not related to the new version.

If I rotate the map manually, this rotation is always reset if the screen is turned off and on again. The map is always with north up when the screen is turned on.

Maybe this is a feature and not a bug, but in that case, could you make it configurable?
  •  

Viajero Perdido

I really like the "tilt" feature.  But I suspect more people will accidentally activate it, then wonder how to reset it back to normal.

Maybe it could be a simple on/off setting, and in the UI beside "Rotate Map"?  (Then I'll know I've got it tilted the maximum; I'd never want it half-tilted.)

I can't repeat it now, but for a while, there was an unwanted panning of the map, after I turned the power off then on again.  This was both with screen lock active (swipe up to unlock), also controlled via "basic screen lock" disabled.  It looked like the swipe-up-to-unlock was being caught by Locus and used to pan the map, but then I saw it happen with screen lock disabled too, no swiping.  And now it's behaving perfectly...
  •  

CabrioTourer

Got 3.37.2.9 today.
Love V4 support and big improvement in map texts. Great.

New map core isn't really fast on my OnePlus 6.I'm not sure how this will be on none high end hardware.

Sometimes map loading stucks for a long time. I did zoom change and movements.
Just for an impression some pictures. Shot after +30 seconds of stuck.
  •  

CabrioTourer

Sorry don't understand how to add attachments. Can't find an option (using mobile)
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: CabrioTourer on April 27, 2019, 23:22:08
Got 3.37.2.9 today.
Love V4 support and big improvement in map texts. Great.
I've noticed a big improvement in map texts too. Now the obvious locality name is displayed rather than some obscure small place name (I've never even heard of).
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

hmm, if possible: give a try next Beta version that will come this week. If there will still be this problem, should be again possible to share with me your current track database + current map coordinates you have? Thanks
3.37.2.9 - still same two issues with GPS disabled:

• global Search in Tracks - furtherest away tracks displayed at top of list, but even not strictly descending - eg. 1732km away track at top of list, 37km away track at end of list, other ~0km away tracks in middle of list
  • track folder sorted by Nearest - no single track marked 0km although most originate < 100m from current location; eg. one track originates < 100m & blue text shows 14km away
I will attempt to email combined GPX attachment to you...
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

tramp20

Hi,
I am sure I missed something during the last weeks :-(
With 3.37.2.9 all of my vector maps (LoMaps, Outdoor, Classic OSM) are now without a theme, selecting a theme gives always "the actual map does not support themes".
This happens with Android 5.1.1 and 9.0.

Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

tramp20

And another bug with 3.37.2.9.
when I switch back from online maps back to offline then Locus beta crashes repeatedly. I sent you some minutes ago a feedback.
Sony Xperia Z1c     Android 11 LOS 18.1
Sony Xperia 5 ii      Android 12
Samsung S23 Ultra Android 14

User ID acc406201
  •  

CabrioTourer

Don"t know if it's still on todo list or a bug. Theme switching when changing profile with V4 ML doesn't work. No theme available in profile editor.

Without checking new navigation V 2.9 is a big improvement.
  •