Re: [APP] - version 3.37.+ ( 18. 3. 2019 )

Started by Menion, March 18, 2019, 14:52:24

Menion

@Žajdlík Josef
hmm, seems that Strava use exactly same old system that Locus Map used > so it computes directly from coordinates of current and next trackpoint. Not an ideal solution I think. I've reverted this part of the code to keep it as is anyway expect that I'll most probably change it in the future to the result very similar to current Beta, thanks (based on a floting average from previous & next trackpoint)

@erfi
anything new compares to Pro version?
And too high ... heh ... you may check five other apps or web pages to find that every compute values differently. I believe that values in Locus Map should be somewhere in the middle ...
Also depends if you use Heart rate monitor or not ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

erfi

No, I do not use a heart rate monitor. To Pro version are only small differences. In my opinion the difference between walking and hiking is too big. Maybe you are right and I am wrong. Look at yourself, is this difference realistic?

•  

Žajdlík Josef

Beta RC, autozoom lock, V3 map. Button at bottom right. The autozoom shows 700 m, manually adjusts to 100 m and locks the lock. After 10 seconds, the map returns to 700 m. The cursor and the trip line flash. I think the chateau worked with scales of 11, 12, and so on. The scales are not used now, so the lock should be rebuilt to lock the meters.

CZ:
Beta RC, nefunkční zámek autozoom, mapa V3. Tlačítko vpravo dole. Autozoom ukazuje 700 m, ručně upravím na 100 m a zamknu zámek. Po 10 vteřinách se mapa vrátí na 700 m. Kurzor a linka ujeté trasy blikají. Myslím, že zámek pracoval s měřítky 11, 12 atd. Ty se nyní nepoužívají, proto by bylo třeba zámek předělat na uzamknutí metrů. Omlouvám se, ža na to upozorňuji až u RC verze, ale špatné počasí nedovolovalo jízdu na kole.
  •  

Menion

@erfi
thanks, you are correct. "Walking" was dependent on speed, but "Hiking" no. It was hardcoded to a single value per km. I've improved it and based on information I've found, changes are: "hiking" will use same values for computing of energy consumption like "walking" + 15%, which should be equal to carry 5kg backpack.

@Žajdlík Josef
hmm. Even with Czech description, I do not exactly understand where is the problem. Should be possible to create a short video of this problem? Thank you!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: erfi

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: menion on May 20, 2019, 08:11:03
@Žajdlík Josef
hmm. Even with Czech description, I do not exactly understand where is the problem. Should be possible to create a short video of this problem? Thank you!

Due to complexity only Czech. Sorry.
CZ:
Omlouvám se Menione, ale video obrazovky vytvořit neumím. Zkusím problém ale popsat podrobněji, snad to bude stačit.
Předpokládám, že zámek (tlačítko vpravo dole) by měl fungovat takto: Mám nastavený autozoom, který mění měřítko mapy na obrazovce podle rychlosti v rozsahu od 100 do 900 m. Potřebuji ale dočasně zafixovat měřítko na 100 m (třeba ve městě). Změním tedy měřítko tlačítky nebo prsty na 100 m a stisknu tlačítko zámku. Dokud je zámek aktivován, mělo by být měřítko stále 100 m. Po deaktivaci by se měl znovu spustit autozoom v rozsahu 100-900 m. Takto alespoň zámek doposud fungoval, a dal se tak využít třeba když bylo za jízdy v neznámém městě potřeba vidět názvy ulic, najít restaurace apod.

Nyní ale zámek funguje takto: Změním ručně měřítko na 100 m a stisknu tlačítko zámku. 10 sekund je měřítko stále 100 m, ale pak se naráz změní na 900 a tak už zůstane. Současně začne nějak divně problikávat kurzor a červená linka ujeté trasy. Jakoby se Locus snažil měřítko měnit, ale něco mu v tom bránilo.
Zkoušel jsem i obrácený postup: napřed stisknout tlačítko zámku a pak teprve ručně změnit měřítko na 100 m. Výsledek je stejný jako v prvním případu.

Pokud bude třeba video, potřeboval bych poradit jako po vytvořit.
  •  

Menion

Got it, perfect, thanks.

Btw, for video, most of us here usually use the very nice tool: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hecorat.screenrecorder.free . Might find useful ...

Menion

These were quite long two months. It is probably for the first time, I publish a version after such a long time since the previous release. Last two days I spend by fixing various problems we found and just now, the new version was published on Google Play.

We have an option to publish version only for certain part of users (probably random selection). So today, it will be only for 10% of users. If there won't be any unsolvable problem, I'll enable version for all users tomorrow. Thanks for understaning.

And mainly thanks for the help. Update of map system was a big task for me and I'm really glad, version with this change is out. Now we can fine-tune it :).