Re: [APP] - version 3.37.+ ( 18. 3. 2019 )

Started by Menion, March 18, 2019, 14:52:24

Menion

Important links
- blog post about major version
- list of news of public versions

Versions
18. 3. 2019 - Locus 3.37.0
20. 3. 2019 - Locus 3.37.1
27. 3. 2019 - Locus 3.37.2
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Bucky Kid

Andrew Heard

quote from @Menion - "interesting, I can't simulate it with any folder. Does this happen to your will just a single folder with tracks or will all you checked?"

I just confirmed on 3.36.2.14 for 3 different folders. Summary - displayed distance is 0m when sorting by  Nearest, but non-zerp & correct when sorting by distance to Starting Point.
LM4.21.1.5 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

I'm too stupid to find changes at all... Where are the options for GPS filtering? I was not quite sure if the GPS filtering were in "GPS and sensors" before.

- I like the new track sort menu.
- Elevation gain per km would be more useful, we already discussed it
- mf4 themes still not in presets
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: Andrew Heard on March 19, 2019, 00:29:44
quote from @Menion - "interesting, I can't simulate it with any folder. Does this happen to your will just a single folder with tracks or will all you checked?"
... displayed distance is 0m when sorting by  Nearest, but non-zero & correct when sorting by distance to Starting Point.
Exactly as Andrew describes for me too
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: tapio on March 19, 2019, 08:30:51
Where are the options for GPS filtering? I was not quite sure if the GPS filtering were in "GPS and sensors" before.
I thought it was in the hidden "expert menu". Maybe it now replaces the previous filtering setting in GPS and sensors > Altitude Manager > Altitude Filter?
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: Andrew Heard on March 20, 2019, 01:20:20
Quote from: tapio on March 19, 2019, 08:30:51
Where are the options for GPS filtering? I was not quite sure if the GPS filtering were in "GPS and sensors" before.
I thought it was in the hidden "expert menu". Maybe it now replaces the previous filtering setting in GPS and sensors > Altitude Manager > Altitude Filter?
I think the GPS position filtering has been moved from ( by default hidden ) expert menu in LocusMap Beta to GPS and sensors  menu. The altitude filtering in the GPS and Sensors/altitude manager  has its own independent filter.

Menion

Thanks for feedback guys. We have found one big issue when downloading new maps from Store and also a stupid issue for new users where app creates new track database, so bug-fix version most probably today.

Thanks all for the feedback for our new Live tracking web. It is work in progress > so I've collected all your good ideas and notes to the text document and will grab from it important points to change in next step. The web page is made for us by an external company so changes won't probably be as fast as are in Locus Map.

Anyway a few points:
- top panel in the browser: agree, the map should be close to "full screen"
- not updated data? Hmm nice bug, will check it
- live chat on the web: in current top-priority road plan. Anyway in the first step read-only on the web. It will require login on this web with the same account as in the app etc. so this later.

@Andrew Heard and @john_percy
really interesting problem with these zero values. All my devices display correct values, Petr, Milan and Michal (so whole Locus team work on this :) ), tested it as well and we all see correct values. Same with the latest version? May you send me a complete backup (over backup manager) so I may try to simulate it? Thanks!

Missing "filter" option: as Libor correctly wrote here.
  •  

john_percy

@menion @Andrew Heard
It would appear that this is connected with certain historic data.
- Some tracks show zero distance away when sorted by "nearness" but some do not.
- For some of these "zero distance" tracks, clicking on the mini-map to move to the track's location and display it means that the distances are correct on reopening the tracks screen. However closing the app and reopening it resets distances to zero, as does re-sorting the tracks or moving to current location.
- For others of the "zero distance" tracks, the above has no effect.
I'll email my backup.

Menion

@Andrew Heard and @john_percy
guys, it is really necessary to live in the area with negative latitude or longitude? Next time, choose better and live in middle Europe ;). Thanks John, fixed :) (thanks to your backup)

Christian

Quotechg: permanent display of elevation gain in list of tracks
Thank you.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: john_percy on March 20, 2019, 15:32:41
I'll email my backup.
Thanks John. I would have taken all day+ to upload my 86MB backup (if it worked at all).
  •  

Tapio

Can you allow maps to be part of presets, just like themes?
  •  

john_percy

Following a map link from Google Trips, I am offered Open in [Google] Maps, Open in Chrome, Open in Locus [Free] but not Open in Locus [Pro]. I have the latest version of both, so the inconsistency is strange.
Furthermore, it doesn't open in Locus Free but gives a red toast complaining of unsupported file format.
Also, as you will see, the message on the toast is very hard to read!

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

•  

Menion

@tapio
best to vote and hope :). Update in presets will have to wait a little.

@john_percy
interesting, I have no explanation for the different behavior of both versions. I'll check your format visible in almost invisible text. It should be possible to fix it, thanks!
  •  

Tapio

Used LT a bit when walking with my dog.

Changes to an actively running livetracking profile should instantly apply. I added a beep notification, but it only worked after restart of the LT profile.

Also. I am not sure. Maybe stop of recording should not necessarily stop LT.
  •