tracks and waypoints

Started by Rob, May 27, 2011, 07:51:53

Rob

1. Just a small issue: with 1.8.4 compacting the trackpopup menue is ok, but selecting a track shows "information, point xx, .." whereas in previous version instead of "infomation" the trackname was shown. Can you pls show trackname in popupmenue again.

2. My great wish: possibility to link POIs to tracks!
Creating a POI during trackrecording should also contain trackname, (e.g. 2nd line in description showing trackname), so when selecting a track to show also the POIs associated with this track should been shown.

3. To be able to edit a track directly in map display, not only in tracklist. E.g. new menuepoint in trackpopup: edit.

Great work Menion - thx much for all improvements!
Rob
  •  

Rob

Not even one reply :-(
Is it not to understand, or not interesting to others or a "crazy" wish or....
Would like to know what I'm doing wrong not to get any answers to my last postings...
Rob
  •  

Menion

hey rob, I was working on this before cca two hours. Don't expect that I'll response on every posts during weekend ... (except fact that I'm still for almost seven days ill ...)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Rob

Hi menion, I really did not want to push you, if you got this feeling - I'm sorry!  Neither I did expect a realization within days. I just was interested if my wish is doable and if others would like this too. So just a small: ok, great, nonsense,.. or whatever.
I'm patient - dont worry :-)
Good luck and all the best for your health..
Rob
  •  

Menion

Quote from: "Rob"1. Just a small issue: with 1.8.4 compacting the trackpopup menue is ok, but selecting a track shows "information, point xx, .." whereas in previous version instead of "infomation" the trackname was shown. Can you pls show trackname in popupmenue again.
done
Quote from: "Rob"2. My great wish: possibility to link POIs to tracks!
Creating a POI during trackrecording should also contain trackname, (e.g. 2nd line in description showing trackname), so when selecting a track to show also the POIs associated with this track should been shown.
This is not so simple. Adding POI in track recording menu isn't enough? I have in plan something like "trip" which will connect one POI category and one Track type and all will work as one object, but this later ...
Quote from: "Rob"3. To be able to edit a track directly in map display, not only in tracklist. E.g. new menuepoint in trackpopup: edit.
done
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Rob

Wow..
You are awesome! Thx a lot for doing this. I really look forward to test.
Regarding "trip": yes, this could be a solution. To handle both POIs and track as one object is the key. So the menupoint only is not the issue. Goal is if showing/exporting a track the associated POIs should also be shown/exported - if selected.
Good health and thx again!
Rob
  •  

Rob

Cannot test live-tracking due to business, but my points 1 & 3 are perfect solved. Thx a lot!
  •