Google MyMaps trouble

Started by fencepost, May 26, 2011, 15:15:30

fencepost

Good morning!  First of all, I would like to say I absolutely love this app!  I'm an environmental scientist by profession and this app has so many uses for me to assist with collecting data.  Thanks for the wonderful program and making it so customizable.  Very nice!  :D

I'm having a bit of trouble viewing some Google MyMaps I created and would like to know if others can view them in Locus or if it's a problem on my end.  All of the maps can be viewed correctly within a standard web browser.  I am using Locus Pro on a Motorola Droid, which is running 2.3.3 and is rooted with Cyanogenmod.  

Here's a map I have no problems viewing: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie ... f&t=h&z=19 (nothing special, just standard Google markers).

This map I was able to view 3 days ago, but can't anymore: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie ... 7&t=h&z=14  (Imported lines from GIS into Google MyMaps....no markers for this map).

And this map I created yesterday, but haven't been able to get Locus to view it: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie ... 87&t=h&z=9 (I created some special icons for this map and the relay route and final point are straight from Google).

Please test these out and let me know if you can view them in Locus and provide me with some suggestions.  Also, I do quite a bit of computer graphics and will be providing some icons and such as time permits.

Thanks for your help.  Cheers!  Art
  •  

Menion

finally someone who want to use MyMaps :) ... all fixed, please test next release version!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

fencepost

You ARE the MAN!  Thanks so much for the quick reply and fix.  I will definitely test.  I really like MyMaps because I can place property boundaries/project limits and other features to help me know where I need to be.  Nothing like doing work on the wrong property!

Thanks again!
  •  

fencepost

The new release work perfectly!  Thanks so much.  Before we close this thread, I do have two questions:

• When I open up the tracks menu and there are no tracks in there, a message reads, "No tracks in Locus category.  To add tracks into Locus, use ......or import data from MyMaps  How do you import data from MyMaps?  
  • How long are MyMaps cached before they are no longer available?  For example, if I'm working in a remote area without internet connection and I open up MyMaps prior to losing the connection, I'll still be able to view the map for awhile.  If I close the app, is it cleared from the cache?
  •  

berkley

For offline access of MyMaps you could do something like this:

- open your mymap on a desktop computer
- click on "view in google earth"
- save the *.kml
- transfer it to your phone
- import it in Locus

:D
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

fencepost

Good gravy, berkley....I read your answer and thought to myself, "I know how to do that....I've done it before a dozen times and here I couldn't even see the forest for the trees."   :lol:   Sometimes you just need someone to screw your head on straight for you.  Thanks for that.  :P
  •  

Menion

this is not really needed berkley :) tap on map in MyMaps and press "Export" and whole map will be imported to locus database!!!

and cached - MyMaps aren't cache. When you close Locus, loaded data will be lost
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

berkley

Nice hint, thanks for that ;)
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •