Problem migrating to new phone (External maps bug)

Started by Gorkde, July 08, 2018, 14:26:03

Gorkde

I upgraded from an older Locus version on my old Galaxy S4 to my new S9 installing the latest version here.

I completely set up my SD card from scratch and copied my external maps folder to the new SD card exactly as they were before (Folder structure).

Then I did import my last complete backup from the old phone to the new phone.

All seemed to work fine until I tried to add my external maps again.

My problems :

1)
If I try to add external maps with the + button I see my maps folders shown empty "number of files 0" but in fact there are maps, subfolders and other files in them (I double checked).

Also behind the folder is something like "wrong value" shown (in German "falscher Wert").

I can't even select any maps folder or path there he just shows my former maps folders as on my old phone.

So I can't add maps this way.

2)
Then I tried to set the default maps folders.

Setting the Vector maps folder worked fine.
But ther is no "Offline Maps" folder so I assumed the "Maps" Folder is the correct one.

But then he gave me a warning since the folder is not writeable ther might problems occur.

Therefore it doesn't seem to be correct this way.

But now he at least shows my maps for the time being.

3)
But there's another strange phenomenon here:
Some maps are shown separately even if they are in one folder, other folders group them.
Normally it should be either/or all of them the same right?

So how do I get that seemingly empty folder and "wrong value" issue fixed?

I'm pretty sure this must be because the path to the SD Card has changed since the new one has another name or such.

•  

Gorkde

•  

michaelbechtold

Correct, the new Android (S9 versus ancient S4 version) now uses the SD card ID as part of the path.
All old map references in Locus are invalid. Take them out.
Then start all over again by traversing from the top folder (above internal/external, should be like /storage), so you will have the right path name for Locus included.
  •  

Gorkde

I had the idea as well but I couldn't find where to remove the maps folder setting.

It automatically shows maps in my old folder but I can't change the folder.

What exactly do I need to do?
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Gorkde on July 10, 2018, 10:15:18
I had the idea as well but I couldn't find where to remove the maps folder setting.

It automatically shows maps in my old folder but I can't change the folder.

What exactly do I need to do?
Settings _ Miscellaneous _ Default Directories

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Gorkde

Quote from: michaelbechtold on July 10, 2018, 09:46:23
Correct, the new Android (S9 versus ancient S4 version) now uses the SD card ID as part of the path.
All old map references in Locus are invalid. Take them out.
Then start all over again by traversing from the top folder (above internal/external, should be like /storage), so you will have the right path name for Locus included.

Ok, for example r some reason I now could remove them.

But if I click on the + to add the maps back I get "This path is not allowed"

•  

Gorkde

I did check online and supposedly this message appears if you try to add a folder which is INSIDE your already in the settings defined default maps folder.

But it's not in my case.

My default maps folder is in the internal storage (default position, did reset it) and my map I try to add is in a subfolder on my SD card.

Might this be a bug since I had this folder defined as maps folder previously (before I did reset the path)?

Menoin?
  •  

Gorkde

I also wonder why I the day before did not see any maps on my SD when klicking +
And today suddenly I see them but can't add them?!
  •  

c.s.g.

Hi,

I found this or this topic in the manual of Locus.
HTH.

c.s.g.

PS: I have installed my offline vector maps, backup files and srtm data like in the first link in Locus Pro.
  •  

Gorkde

Thanks I already read this before but it doesn't help me.

I'm pretty sure that's a bug importing old settings to a new version ir with the default folder.

Initially I could not even remove the old maps!
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Gorkde on July 10, 2018, 17:57:33
Thanks I already read this before but it doesn't help me.

I'm pretty sure that's a bug importing old settings to a new version ir with the default folder.

Initially I could not even remove the old maps!
Reset preferences
Then set it up manually to a directory you can reach or use the default and copy there your files. If you have a new phone presumably you have more space.

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Gorkde

You are funny!
No I won't reset my hundreds of settings!

If this is a bug it has to be fixed insted me resetting my prefs and needing forever to set up all again, possibly missing half of my settings!
  •  

lor74cas

I suggested you a way to use Locus without waiting for the bug fix. From your posts seems you was not able to use the app after the restore of the settings from the old phone to the new one with a new version of Android.
Yes you are right, I am really  more funny than thouse people worried by hundreds of settings they do not more remember how to apply.

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

michaelbechtold

I went through such exercise more than once with different phone types and never found a bug. Settings were applied correctly, old offline map path I could remove and new file path set. No idea if a bug has been introduced since or something is special with your situation. But I think there is a way you can fix it right now:
1) in Android App Manager wipe the data of Locus (only) and delete the /data folder (I assume you HAVE a backup for that already somewhere else, INCL: a settings backup (text file!))
2) restart Locus and via Map Manager ("+") set the paths to your offline maps on external SD correctly
3) do a settings backup
4) merge the two settings backup files manually (removing the wrong data paths
5) import the settings backup
I never tried that, but theoretically this should work.
Good luck.
  •  

Gorkde

•