[APP] - version 0.6.15 RC1

Started by Menion, December 15, 2010, 17:13:16

Menion

news:
  • completely new online map caching. now use SqliteDb! Need testing, so tell if you feel any differences! Hope you not and all is fluent as before.
  • icons for not-available caches
  • improved gaocache main screen, hope for better
  • some small improvements
  • new panel hiding behaviour. Now hide after 5 seconds of inactivity on panels. To show, do double-click on map! What you think? I feel it much better then before!

to fully working geocache things, please do new import of your PQ files!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

suchar

Hi,
thanks for the new version. I have few observations.

Use offlinemap, imported 14 geocache in PQ

>> When I show all imported cache on offline map, it takes o lot of time after I click on the icon cache till the popup menu shows.
>> the panel hiding is OK, I like the possibilities with the double-click
  •  

Menion

hmm,
  about double-click. Scinkk sad that used double-click for zoom-in. That was previous function of double click. I really don't want to add another small button on every panel that allow hiding. Also for zoom you should use bottom buttons or multi-touch. I'm still not sure which is best way of panel hiding. If anyone have any suggestions, let me know. For me, best solution seems to be this double-click type.

slow cache loading?
  maybe takes too long for Hero to load data from cartridge. There aren't any special additional computations, so there's no reason for this popup to be slow. If you mean slow, this mean more then 1 second? If yes, that's bad .. hmm

one thing that I'm interested is what about online map loading. As I tested, this seems to be a little bit slower now. I will probably do some improvements later, but for now, seems ok for you?

thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •