[APP] - version 3.29.+ ( 1. 2. 2018 )

Started by Menion, February 01, 2018, 13:53:59

Diddi

Why do we see a new copyright Icon on bottom left? Can we disable it?
  •  

Andrew Heard

I guess it replaces the previous (and larger) hyperlinks text, for example "Data (C) OpenStreetMap contributors Terms".
old
new
Maybe dotted focus rectangle could be removed otherwise seems like reasonable compromise?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
thanks for a video with map "stuck". Does this problem happen to you often? I have some feeling why this may happen and I know it will take at least a week to rewrite old system how map tiles are loaded. So wants to know, how serious this problem is ...

@0709
you are correct, right after start, this does not work. Not a serious problem I believe, anyway for our testing purposes, definitely unexpected. Seems that if you turn GPS on and then turn off, it will be fixed. I've also found why this happen so consider it fixed, thanks

@Diddi
exactly as @Andrew wrote. It is replacement for attribution previously wrote as a long text. It have to be visible on map to follow necessary terms of use for most of maps. But for some maps, texts started to be too long, on smaller devices almost three lines long, so I made this solution.
Thanks Andrew for a screenshot. I saw similar weird ghosts around icon on my 4.x device and I thought it is some 4.x Android devices problem only, seems not. I'll try to fix it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

joeloc

3.29.2... yet another release with training manager still making fun of every single mountain user... every single minute of every single day :/.

seriously... isnt this is a three minute fix? And if adding strings to the UI is really that complex, just remove

+ abs(altitude.loss)

from your code... which turns the thing into a thirty-second-fix. It's named "elevation gain" already anyway... and having a single correct gain value would still be a lot better than Locus current phantasy.

Please!

Long story again, just for completeness: Altitude gain and altitude loss are too very distinctive and very different things. Presenting them as one single value by adding absolute amounts is nothing but major nonsense... for any activity one can possibly imagine.

Thanks...  :)
  •  

balloni55

Hi menion
QuoteDoes this problem happen to you often?
not in normal usecase, only if i zoom in/out very quickly and move map displayed in low ZL.
for me it´s not serious, ifound this issue and so i report it to you ;)
BTW @ eldron reported the same issue in #28
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

T-mo

Hello Menion,
I think that while navigation the arrival-time or time2target is a bit strange IMHO.
Mostly the time is way too early or short and seems to be extrapolated by the current speed, not averaged or sort of weighted speed.
I recognised this several times, still since some 3..4 months think so.
I am using brouter and graphhopper, don't know if some precalculated times or informations are exchanged or used, like road type or limitations between navigation-hints,or some sophisticated calculations are used at all (number of direction changes, distances between hints, % of distance and average speed, vehicle, speed variations, daytime conditions,..)
img: navigation through swiss to Germany, graphhopper. OAM AlpWest, HiLoV10

•  

Menion

@joeloc
more in public topic on help desk

@balloni55
thanks, good to know. For me it's quite serious problem that I'll definitely have to take care of soon

@T-mo
time values, Locus big problem. Speed used for these calculations is based on long term average (more then last hour) for current activity, so these crazy value should not happen. Maybe if you send me "backup of settings" ( on jiri.mlavec@asamm.com email ), I should be able to check which values are used in your case and why result is so weird, thanks!

Qustion to all
Cumulative elevation values in dashboard, track record panel, track statistics
Does it make any usage for you or separated uphill, downhill values are all that is needed?
Based on recent changes and my thining
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on February 13, 2018, 11:24:25
Cumulative elevation values in dashboard, track record panel, track statistics
Does it make any usage for you or separated uphill, downhill values are all that is needed?
Based on recent changes and my thining
@menion - I'm only interested in uphill elevation statistics thanks.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

T-mo

track statistics..still ok so far (uphill/downhill are great for snowboarding-statistics)
but track waypoints..IMHO the list-view/overview is still limited in informations to me:
- no numbering on the very left
- no number/amount of all waypoints
- only details after clicking on a single point: to start, to end - not within the list
- maybe % (reg. tracklength)
..and sure, I got a 'big' display (OnePlus3, 5,5" 1920px x 1080px)

I am currently looking at a copy of a navigation-route
I recognise that my recorded bike-tracks don't have 'waypoints' at all (maybe becaus of lack of navigation/routing-infos)..but useless laps instead..hmm..maybe I used a wrong setting while recording.
hope I am not confusing :o :D
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: menion on February 10, 2018, 22:16:18
@balloni55
thanks for a video with map "stuck". Does this problem happen to you often? I have some feeling why this may happen and I know it will take at least a week to rewrite old system how map tiles are loaded. So wants to know, how serious this problem is ...
I can confirm that I also have on several occasions got world map stuck at ZL9 when attempting to go to ZL10.
I think I have gone to a lower zoom and moved the map first but I can't reproduce the bug on demand. I am using "world-1-9-OAM".
I'd call it serious as it locks Locus. Typically I only use low zooms like this to move the map rapidly to a different location, which appears to be the conditions to cause the bug to appear.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: T-mo on February 14, 2018, 23:14:06
track statistics..still ok so far (uphill/downhill are great for snowboarding-statistics)
but track waypoints..IMHO the list-view/overview is still limited in informations to me:
- no numbering on the very left
- no number/amount of all waypoints
- only details after clicking on a single point: to start, to end - not within the list
- maybe % (reg. tracklength)
..and sure, I got a 'big' display (OnePlus3, 5,5" 1920px x 1080px)
I agree with combined uphill/downhill value being basically useless.
And yeah, the waypoint list could be made more useful. I'm also missing multiselect, e.g. for deleting several waypoint at once - just like you can multiselect/select-all in the normal points list.

And speaking of waypoints, you might also be in favor of this idea: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/track-editor-add-waypoint-directly
Right now, adding waypoints "after the fact" is quite tedious... So please vote there, I already convinced Menion that the proposal makes sense  ;)
  •  

Menion

Just a small excuse ... till end of week I'm on small winter vacation so I'll answer immediately at start of week! Have a nice days!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

•  

Menion

Hi guys!

Oki, so I'll remove this "sum" value of elevation as it does not bring any benefit.

@T-mo
thanks for a backup. Unfortunately I do not see there any obvious problem. Your average car speed is little slower (around 7 m/s), which anyway should not give such weird time results.
I'll try to watch it more closely.
  •  

Menion

*** New BETA version 3.29.2.2 ***
Don't be scary from texts in new loader ... these are not final (probably) :)
  •  

john_percy

I rather like the initialisation phase, which took me by surprise!

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •