Wear for Locus Map beta testing

Started by milan.cejnar, December 06, 2017, 19:50:53

kmb

Hi Menion,
any news on development for the companion apps?
I really love Locus, the companion app is the only reason for me using a smartwatch.
I started with a Huawei android wear watch and moved to a Samsung Tizen watch.
No hr sensor there so im considering getting a new wearOS watch lice ticwatch or new samsung.
I hope you get can give us positive feedback, as the companion app is a real plus for any outdoor smartwatch!
  •  

Menion

Hi. add-on is currently "actively" developed. Well, better say > I did some main maintenance tasks and minor updates. Unfortunately already three times Google blocked update of the app. So next try during next days.

To sum it: the add-on is not dead and will be developed. Not too actively to be true, but in worst case keeping fully compatible with the latest Android versions.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

0kommanix

Not sure it has been reported before but with my setup, map adjustments don't work on my watch:

Locus Map 3 Classic (latest)
Locus Map Watch (Beta 1.2.0)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4

- Map is displayed correctly
- Zoom Buttons don't work
- Pinch to Zoom doesn't work either
- Shifting the map is working correctly
- Center on GPS position (the icon on the right) does re-center the map, however it is always up north and not rotating with walking direction.

This has been working fine on a Huawei Watch 3 so I guess it is something with the Galaxy Watch 4?
  •  

Menion

Hi, thanks for test.

- "zoom buttons does not work" - tap on these buttons do nothing??
- pinch-zoom should not work, this is not implemented
- rotation of the map starts with a second tap on the centering button
  •  

finn

Hey,

I just got a galaxy watch 4 classic and it seems to be very slow in updating the postion on the watch. Any thoughts?
  •  

SS

Hi all,
is it possible to have alerts only on watch when navigating planned route?
When you are off route riding a bicycle, watch could vibrate or sound a alert.
thank you
  •  

jonny.blue

Quote from: finn on June 08, 2022, 00:02:59Hey,

I just got a galaxy watch 4 classic and it seems to be very slow in updating the postion on the watch. Any thoughts?

For me it's working... how long do does it take
  •  

SS

Quote from: SS on September 21, 2023, 14:13:43Hi all,
is it possible to have alerts only on watch when navigating planned route?
When you are off route riding a bicycle, watch could vibrate or sound a alert.
thank you

any good news?
  •  

jonny.blue

Quote from: SS on October 25, 2023, 10:08:47any good news?

I think it's not possible yet.
I found no built-in method ... and there is no notification created on phone to show on smart watch.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: SS

Danjel Rojka

Hello, since the last time I installed my Galaxy Watch 4 I can't find and install the Locus Map Watch App in the Playstore. Have you changed anything or maybe withdrawn it?

I had the beta running.
  •  

fards

Quote from: Danjel Rojka on November 02, 2023, 20:34:57Hello, since the last time I installed my Galaxy Watch 4 I can't find and install the Locus Map Watch App in the Playstore. Have you changed anything or maybe withdrawn it?

I had the beta running.

If you look on the play website it's showing up, but for some reason it's now flagged as incompatible on play store app. Min API version maybe?

I had the beta installed through the play store on my new pixel watch 2 (wear os 4 working really well).
Reset my watch and couldn't find it, so couldn't reinstall it.

Pretty easy with the pixel watch 2 to side load the beta from the Google drive link though using adb (charger cable supports adb) so happy installed and working again. 

Been looking at some of the latest tweaks menion has been adding on GitHub, future looks promising!
  •  

Menion

Google is still declining the new version I'm trying to publish, so sorry ... can't promise a new version cause I do not know if Google accept the version today or the next month ...

Anyway, work in progress.
  •  

zadar1980

Does Locus Map Watch work on Xiaomi Watch 2 Pro with Wear OS 3.5 ?

I have installed Locus Map 4 in my phone, works ok. Then I have installed Locus Map Watch 1.5 in my watch, but no icon appears on watch after installation. 

Thank you.

SOLVED:
Download device-release.apk and wear-release.apk from https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KOmf7F2nUUdAwZSx9lyrC0aqCd7m7DsL :
1. Install device-release.apk to phone
2. Install wear-release.apk to watch
3. Open app Locus Map Watch on watch

Thats all.
  •  

jonny.blue

Quote from: Menion on November 10, 2023, 10:03:10Google is still declining the new version I'm trying to publish, so sorry ... can't promise a new version cause I do not know if Google accept the version today or the next month ...

Anyway, work in progress.

Today I was advised to install the new version 1.6.0 ... and it's working.  ;)
  •  

Menion

Uff ... thanks for confirmation  :)
  •