Started by Menion, August 09, 2017, 18:25:00

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on October 01, 2017, 18:01:58
@Žajdlík Josef:
- understand, let's try it with 25m.
+1

@Andrew Heard:
2) hmm you are correct. <snip> So what about simply "Point from part N"?
+1

@Andrew Heard:
6) again for my surprise, no one complains till now :). I was thinking about dialog with simple options "Overwrite" or "Save as new". 
7) it is important to keep in mind, that route planner is made of planning of new route. If you on existing track tap on "Route planner", track is loaded to planner, but there is no connection to original track! This should be solved by point 6), but I'm really worried to save changes immediately to original track.
Menu > Route Planner > create new route... of course. But track > Route Planner > edit existing route > ("Save" > "yes|no") | "Save as new".  This is behavior of RWGPS system too.

I still question this sequence:

• add NOGO
  • auto recalc
  • delete NOGO
  • no auto recalc but expect to be able to reverse operation (manual undo)
I still think add NOGO should have undo. And Delete NOGO should force auto recalc. It won't be obvious to a user to long-tap the Compute Source icon for Recalc All.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@Žajdlík Josef,
1) not so easy here to satisfy all options. Best should be probably define in every Nogo point it's validity to car/bike/foot based profiles. Then you should define it as nogo for car & bike and allow it for foot automatically.
2) (something to better handle them) later ;)

Other problems/questions/ideas related to no-go areas was probably already few times discussed. As I mentioned before, no-go areas won't be in next public version yet. I keep in mind all feedback, thanks for it, but no more changes around no-go areas will be implemented to next version(s) for now, sorry.

I need gather some more feedback from other, less skilled users + probably do one more usability testing that we from time to time do in our office on real users that usually never heard about Locus Map. Thanks for understanding.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

lor74cas

Hello,
This is what I mean with Locus or brouter profile

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on October 01, 2017, 20:32:03
Perceptions of using NOGO points.
1) The "ignore NOGO" option should be added to the route planning menu. This option would also be saved with the route. The point is that NOGO will be used mainly where you can not go by car or bike. However, if I plan a hiking trail, I can go through the NOGO areas through the pavement.

Note that the original BRouter nogo system can activate nogos separately for each profile, resp. transportation mode. E.g. all nogos for cars, some for bikes, none for pedestrians.
And yes, they are considered globally, so not limited to a particular route.

LocusUser#1

Last Beta, new "Modify track" editor

1. The tool button (in the red circle) has no function.

2. For what we need the function jump to the gps position (in the green circle). For me the function is superfluous.

•  

lor74cas

Quote from: poutnikl on October 02, 2017, 19:34:11
Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on October 01, 2017, 20:32:03
Perceptions of using NOGO points.
1) The "ignore NOGO" option should be added to the route planning menu. This option would also be saved with the route. The point is that NOGO will be used mainly where you can not go by car or bike. However, if I plan a hiking trail, I can go through the NOGO areas through the pavement.

Note that the original BRouter nogo system can activate nogos separately for each profile, resp. transportation mode. E.g. all nogos for cars, some for bikes, none for pedestrians.
And yes, they are considered globally, so not limited to a particular route.
IMHO when I use the clear route button if I have a pop up to choose to: clear all nogo/profile nogo/current visible nogo points or something similar should be helpful.
I used the nogo points to avoid some sections of a track for a hike but next time  I do not want the nogo still there and to give them all an expieration of a week is tedious.

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: lor74cas on October 02, 2017, 20:13:22IMHO when I use the clear route button if I have a pop up to choose to: clear all nogo/profile nogo/current visible nogo points or something similar should be helpful.
I used the nogo points to avoid some sections of a track for a hike but next time  I do not want the nogo still there and to give them all an expieration of a week is tedious.

I do not agree with Arndt - the BRouter author - on nogo usage philosophy. IMHO, nogo points should serve as really nogo points, permanent(e.g. really bad road or always traffic jams or whatever) or temporary ( e.g. road fixing).  They should not be used as "negative viapoints/shapepoints".

lor74cas

Quote from: poutnikl on October 02, 2017, 21:16:46
Quote from: lor74cas on October 02, 2017, 20:13:22IMHO when I use the clear route button if I have a pop up to choose to: clear all nogo/profile nogo/current visible nogo points or something similar should be helpful.

I do not agree with Arndt - the BRouter author - on nogo usage philosophy. IMHO, nogo points should serve as really nogo points, permanent(e.g. really bad road or always traffic jams or whatever) or temporary ( e.g. road fixing).  They should not be used as "negative viapoints/shapepoints".
Sometimes I'm so lazy that I prefer to give just two points, start and end, so I use nogo to block the route on unwanted trails.
I don't know what is the main purpose of nogo points, this is the use sometimes I made of them. So if we can use nogo also in this way why don't give them a more user friendly menu to clear them after use?

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

john_percy

If there is more than one way to use no-gos, surely we need options to use them in those different ways.
I should not design an app so that everyone has to do it my way!

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: 0709 on October 02, 2017, 10:21:11
Shaping Point(s) into exported gpx ?
As ONLY Locus must recognise/reconstruct.
Shaping Point indicator in trkpt attribute <type>
<trkpt lat="51.0529732704163" lon="3.99975299835205">
<type>Shape</type>
</trkpt>
+1 = would allow round trip GPX export/ import of route plan
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: poutnikl on October 02, 2017, 21:16:46
They should not be used as "negative viapoints/shapepoints".
I sometimes find nogo's very convenient for negative viapoints/shapepoints. Sometimes it is the fastest method for shaping my route.
  •  

Menion

@lor74cas:
ah understand, thanks. Internal Locus profiles are made @pountikl but are already quite old. Seems I'll have to update it.

@LocusUser#1:
1) just yesterday morning I've removed it ;)
2) good point, I'll think about it and probably remove as well, thanks

Nogo usage:
- here comes good question that will define UX around nogos. What is a main purpose of these areas? I was always working on it with single idea in mind: define area, where is any problem so I wants to avoid it. Exactly as wrote Libor here .
I never thought about them as about tool that should "shape" an planner route. And to be true, I still see no reason for this. Because I expect that planner will mostly me used really for planning, one or two clicks more for additional shaping points, does not look like a problem.

So for now:

• nogo's are separate function with global impact, so they are used in route planner and also in navigation/recalculation etc.
  • no UI with list of nogo areas and it's easier manipulation is planned
  • no option to set impact on hike/bike/car is currently planned

Feel free to discuss about them, but it is not a priority for me for now and I'm personally still not sure how to deal with this feature, so consider current state as some "Alpha version", thanks for understanding.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on October 03, 2017, 08:47:01
I never thought about them as about tool that should "shape" an planner route. And to be true, I still see no reason for this.
Often BRouter needs no encouragement but sometimes I encourage the chosen route with a Shaping point, sometimes with a NOGO area. Each has it's use and advantage depending on the characteristics of the current route. Generally for me a NOGO is only needed for the life of the route. No longer. As my cycle touring is always to a new area.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

Menion

In this case, permanent nogo areas also cause no problems to you, right? And with some default validity value set to for example 14 days since create, it solve also automatic clear of old areas, hmm?  ;)
  •  

Andrew Heard

No problems for me; either way. I only reply to your comment "I see no reason..." with my reason :)

Just a general comment:- Until now I have used the "external BRouter" method of route planning - http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:tracks:planning:brouter. I can quickly generate X routes for X profiles, then compare & contrast. But now, finally, the new Route Planner has overtaken this method for convenience. With Shaping points & NOGO areas it just gets better & better.