[APP] - version 3.24.+ ( 31. 5. 2017 )

Started by Menion, May 31, 2017, 14:48:21

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on June 05, 2017, 10:19:12
Good day Andrew, 9 weeks trip, very nice, enjoy it!!

Problems: hmm sorry to hear this. If you will want any older version, just tell me. Anyway crash: immediately after crash take a log and send me it once you will be on internet. I have reported every day many crashes ... for example after last 30 days I see in crash console: 9308 crashes ... eh. All these are anyway just some automatic crash reports by Android system
@menion- thanks. 9 weeks in Italy Dolomites. Difficult to provide useful report while touring sorry. Manageable for now.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

*** Version 3.24.1.3 ***
Probably biggest changes compare to previous version ( not just Beta ):
- completely new "Route planner" screen that should replace current "Add new route & measure"
- improved new "route edit screen" also based on your feedback here, thanks
- reverted login system for Strava, RunKeeper and Munzee to previous version

@Andrew Heard: really no need to sorry, enjoy your trip!!

@Žajdlík Josef: thanks!
2) try it with new empty track database. You will see it's fast! Your database is quite huge and Locus really needs some optimization ...
3) may you explain it little bit?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

@ Menion
I will try to explain point 3 using scr from MyGPSFiles.
M1 - The scale with a more detailed view shows multiple editing points
M1-2 - offset point
M2 - this scale has dropped, so it is easier to edit the larger section
M2-2 - offset point
In the context menu, the "Continue to Cycle / Walk / Car" menu will also automatically re-calculate the route to the previously edited point. This is very practical.
You can easily check out at http://www.mygpsfiles.com/app/
/Still to point 2 - database size. Would it not be better to create a temporary database file in the phone memory during the editing process, where the calculation would take place quickly, and write the changes to the database when it was finally saved? Editing would speed up.

CZ: Budu se snažit vysvětlit bod 3 pomocí scr z MyGPSFiles.
m1 - měřítko s podrobnějším zobrazením ukazuje více editačních bodů
m1-2 - posunutý bod
m2 - v tomto měřítku bodů ubylo, proto je snadnější provézt editaci většího úseku
m2-2 - posunutý bod
V kontextovém menu je taky nabídka "pokračovat k bodu na kole/pěšky/autem" což trasu automaticky přepočítat o předchozího bodu k tomu editovanému. Toje velmi praktické.
Snadno můžeš vyzkoušet na http://www.mygpsfiles.com/app/
Ještě k bodu 2 - velikost databáze. Nebylo by lepší vytvořit v průběhu editace dočasný databázový soubor v paměti telefonu, kde by výpočet probíhal rychle, a až při konečném uložení trasy zapsat změny do databáze? Editace by se tím zrychlila.

•  

Menion

Thanks for detailed explanation. Understand. It looks for me more like a route planner, not directly an editor of already recorded track. Anyway thanks for a time, maybe it may be an inspiration for Route planner.

And saving track ... well yes, if you do more modifications in row, then your idea should be really useful. I was even thinking about removing track from database and saving new modified version, which should be also a lot more faster. Anyway during next week, I'll check if isn't possible to speed up a process as is implemented now.
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: menion on June 08, 2017, 08:10:12
It looks for me more like a route planner, not directly an editor of already recorded track.
My GPS Files není plánovač je to jen editor jinde vytvořených tras. Novou trasu myslím ani vytvořit neumí. Doporučuji vyzkoušet, velmi hezké je i zobrazení trasy na Earth3D.
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

The small graphic issue of the new beta version on a small screen?

•  

joeloc

Possible that a recent update killed custom Cursors? Seem no longer centered...

•  

Menion

@Josef, I'll check it, thanks

@joeloc: hi ... hmm not sure where may be a problem. This is a "cursors zoro" right? I'm trying it scaled to 200% and it works as expected. On your screenshot is looks moved only few pixels. Center cross seems to be ok. Did you tried different set of cursors?
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

First experience with the new "route planning" screen.
  Visually very nice, good work. What I miss is the possibility of searching. On the old screen, you could go to the menu / search and do not have to search the map manually. This is not a new version.
  The second thing is that there is no notice of the route being lost. Simply click on the left arrow and the scheduled path disappears.
  Selecting "Navigation / Guidance" from the context menu when creating a route will cause the application to fall.

CZ: První zkušenosti s novou obrazovkou "plánování trasy".
Vizuálně velmi hezké, dobrá práce. Co mi chybí je možnost hledání. Na staré obrazovce bylo možné jít do menu/hledat a nemuset tak vše vyhledávat v mapce ručně. V nové verzi to nejde.
Druhá věc je, že chybí upozornění neuložení trasy. Stačí kliknout na šipku vlevo a naplánovaná cesta zmizí.
Volba "navigace/navádění" z kontextového menu při vytváření trasy způsobí pád aplikace.
  •  

michaelbechtold

And once this feature is sorted, you will apply the algorithm to existing tracks, right, Menion ?
The 5km or so "laps" mechanics today is simply useless ...
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: menion on June 08, 2017, 15:56:00
@joeloc: hi ... hmm not sure where may be a problem. This is a "cursors zoro" right? I'm trying it scaled to 200% and it works as expected. On your screenshot is looks moved only few pixels. Center cross seems to be ok. Did you tried different set of cursors?
The GPS position (blue circle) no longer matches the center of the cursor image. No idea when this happened really, but I've been using cursor_zorro for years without problems.

•  

joeloc

Found the reason. I fake the DPI for Locus App to 620 (instead of default 540 on a Note 4). This works nicely to scale your UI (buttons and everything) to something more reasonable on a moving bicycle, but seems to mess up the cursor calculations somewhat. Weird, because all other parts in Locus scale absolutely fine.

Quote from: joeloc on June 11, 2017, 08:29:02
Quote from: menion on June 08, 2017, 15:56:00
The GPS position (blue circle) no longer matches the center of the cursor image. No idea when this happened really, but I've been using cursor_zorro for years without problems.

•  

slarti76

Quote from: joeloc on June 11, 2017, 08:39:52
Found the reason. I fake the DPI for Locus App to 620 (instead of default 540 on a Note 4). This works nicely to scale your UI (buttons and everything) to something more reasonable on a moving bicycle, but seems to mess up the cursor calculations somewhat. Weird, because all other parts in Locus scale absolutely fine.
I can confirm this, changing the DPI led to problems with the cursor for ages (ever?). I think I once talked to Menion about it, but I totally understands that this is such an esoteric problem, that he doesn't do anything about it. Have stopped changing the DPI for Locus due to that.

That being said, it's an actual problem that buttons that have reasonable size for "normal" usage are far too small when biking.
@Menion: Did you ever think about this?
  •  

zossebart

Also some feedback on the new route planning screen:

First impression very positive.
It is nice to have more screen space for the map display.
Also, the backround route calculation is very nice, because it at least allows searching the map for the next waypoint while the (possibly lengthy) route calculation of the previous segment goes on...I like this very much!

Some possible improvements:

- make it possible to change map theme / activate additional POIs/Tracks from database, search for POIs while in route editing mode. Sometimes I change/add these things while planning a route, mainly because I forgot to do it before.

- allow map overlays to display also on route planning screen. Any activated map overlay seems to be disabled in the current implementation of the route planning screen!
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on June 08, 2017, 19:20:31
First experience with the new "route planning" screen.
  Visually very nice, good work. What I miss is the possibility of searching. On the old screen, you could go to the menu / search and do not have to search the map manually. This is not a new version.
  The second thing is that there is no notice of the route being lost. Simply click on the left arrow and the scheduled path disappears.
  Selecting "Navigation / Guidance" from the context menu when creating a route will cause the application to
yes, I agree, its an interesting visual improvement, as said there is currently a need to be able to search and access then add existing points into the route. However the bigger picture/ question for me remains the inability to efficiently edit this new route once it id saved. Sure, you can edit point by point, but useless to micromanage such a route if it is 10's km long. There is still no effective rubber banding. And why there should be a distiction in UI between route creation and route editing?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •