Geocaching4Locus - version 2.0.3

Started by Martin Sloup, May 02, 2011, 15:58:22

wvb

This sounds very nice! :)
Especially that you allow export/import.

I currently use 2 apps for geocaching.
The way I get my caches with the other app is:
- zoom to a certain level on the map
- the app shows all caches that are on the visible part of the map (if I zoom out it will show more, if I zoom in less)
- I check on the map which cache I want to hunt
- I click on that cache to import it
Is this something you plan on adding as this is the way I really like :)

I never prepare anything when I go caching, I just arrive somewhere and then check if there are any caches in the surroundings and choose one on a location I like :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  •  

babi

Hi there.
Just using Locus Pro 1.12.0 and gc4locus 1.3.6.1 and have a problem with "terénní poznámky" (terrain notes). When i added "found it" note -> the icon of this cache changed to "smile" aka found it. But, when i added "write note" to this found cache, the icon changed back to normal icon (depends on cache). Weird, when i delete this "write note," "found it" is still there, the icon is still normal (not smile). But (again :D) in one cache i have already found, have both "found it" and "write note" there and icon of this cache is "smile."
I really do not understand it :)
I would like to have smile icons everywhere.

Second thing, hope in your addon will be option which allow us to download full info about caches (full listing WITH PICTURES, more logs).

Thanks for your work Arcao!!!
babi
  •  

Menion

first part is my problem, second arcao but I'm not sure it will be possible (mainly pictures)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

babi

ok, so hope it will be fixed soon ,)
and will wait for arcao resposnse.

thanks men
  •  

Menion

my part fixed, together with this updating, I added support for "not found" icon on map ;)
  •  

babi

cool man!! i am looking forward to new release.
and, what about "write note" icon? because a lot of folks just write note for example on mystery cache and go to find it a few days (weeks) later. it will be nice to find this cache at the first look into the map.

thanks a lot for your work!
  •  

Khaytsus

I'm feeling like I'm a bit daft here, but I can't figure out how to make G4L work without an existing waypoint on the map.  That's in itself not a big deal, create a waypoint in the middle of where I want to hunt, then the Gear icon on it.  But the instructions just say "tap the map".  I assume this means "tap a waypoint on the map"?  Just making sure I'm not missing something here.  :)

Also, is this using the new Geocaching API to do the imports, or some other method?

Thanks!
  •  

wvb

Just click on the map somewhere and it will popup an address where you will have the gear icon :)
You can also directly click on the "loading" dialog if you don't want to wait..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  •  

Menion

to be everything clear ... tap LONG click on map ;) ... and yes, Arcao use geocaching API
  •  

Khaytsus

Quote from: "wvb"Just click on the map somewhere and it will popup an address where you will have the gear icon :)
You can also directly click on the "loading" dialog if you don't want to wait..

Oooooh, I disabled that, I see now.  I kept getting it randomly "Loading" while I was scrolling around on the map.  I'll experiment some more, but probably just wind up putting a temporary waypoint.  I wonder if his app can have a button in Locus "Search for caches from middle of map" or something..

Quote from: "menion"to be everything clear ... tap LONG click on map ;) ... and yes, Arcao use geocaching API

Aha cool, good to hear he's using the API.  They claim only two apps do, NeonGPS or something and their own terrible app.

What would be cool is to tie existing caches into the API as well, if it can...  I'd love to be able to download the latest data on a cache to get the most recent logs, maybe make sure there's no coordinate change etc.  Per-cache basis is perfectly fine in that regard, as usually the times I do this I can't find a cache and I'm looking at hints, logs etc and want to refresh the cache just in case it's disabled or there's more recent logs to help ;)

Also, logging from the field would be cool, but maybe that could be done in Locus.  I'll bring that up in the Geocaching tools thread.
  •  

locusfan

Hi

I have an issue with geocaching4locus. As soon as I disable one of the checkboxes "Funde zeigen" ("Show found caches") or "Zeige versteckte" ("Show caches hidden by your own") geocaching4locus fails with an exception after pressing the button "search and show in Locus":

Error while downloading data (IOException)
  Exception: GeocachingApiException
  File: LiveGeocachingApi.jave
  Line: 287

I'm using the newest Market version.
It took me some time to find out that this exception is related to the two checkboxes. Since I know this now, I can set the checkboxes accordingly. But maybe you can have a look at this and fix this. I like this tool very much and would like it even more, if I could hide "unimportand" caches.

Thanks
locusfan
  •  

Martin Sloup

Strange. I can't simulate your problem. Could you send me a log created by CatLog?
Autor of Geocaching4Locus add-on
  •  

Martin Sloup

Locusfan: Thanks for a log from CatLog. I fixed it. New version will come out in a few minutes on Market.
Autor of Geocaching4Locus add-on
  •  

locusfan

Great! Thanks.
  •  

Scylla

Arcao:
I made the hungarian translation.

I have intention to make a variant of your program in favour of the hungarian cacher community /ok: in favour of me :-)/ which should do the same in Hungary. We have an own site in hungarian (geocaching.hu) which have an own set of caches. Lots of people use both of them but there is no such program which can use them together. Now I downloaded the caches from geocaching.com with your addin into the category gcom, and the hungarian caches into the category ghu, but I only have the possibility to download it from the webpage wich is handled by Locus, but not convenient and the gpx file contains lots of bad data. This is why I thought, that I would need something similar. But I don't want to reuse your program without your permission.

Thanks
Scylla
  •