Geocaching4Locus - version 2.0.3

Started by Martin Sloup, May 02, 2011, 15:58:22

wvb

thanks for the update!
also great to hear you guys got a beta code for the GC.com api!!

I just took a look at this addon today and really like it, it has some great potential!
a couple of things I miss though (some of them you already have on your todo list :) )
- import all cache info (like a PocketQuery - possibly only for Premium members)
- ability to log a visit or upload/log a Field Note (pc-less GC'ing :) )
- have an option to update the caches automatically when the map moves (if you want to screen the area for caches when on a trip)
- option to download spoiler pics and additional pictures in cache description (for a complete offline trip)
- if a cache is imported like a month ago, have the option to update the logs (for example you prepared caches for a vacation and can't find the cache so you can update the logs)

I'm more of an unplanned cacher, I go someplace and then think to myself "this looks like a nice place to cache.." :)

would like to know your view on the topics offcourse :)
  •  

stebu

Quote from: "ruderik"FANTASTIC addon. It took a while to find where to add in my GC login details but it works brilliantly showing only caches I haven't found or own....

Could you share the secret? I didn't find where to put my GC details. If I start the addon, it goes straightly into bussines and downloads 50 nearby caches. No way to filter out mine and/or found by me caches.

Another improvment (or lesson for me) would be the ability to filter by cache type. At least most of the mystery caches are not needed when you do ex tempore (unplanned) geocaching.
  •  

wvb

did you download the new beta attached to the first post?
there you have a gear icon when you start it where you can enter settings
  •  

stebu

Nope!

Thanx for the info! I'll try it soon.
Tried it already, much better :) except for the unsolved mystery caches :oops:
  •  

dibrial

After todays update I get an error (Error occurred while downloading caches) when my credentials are filled in.
  •  

Ted Quinlan

I had the same problem first, but now it works. I notice the icons have changed,  they look like those in c:geo now. Problem is that my finds are not recognized even though my login data is correct...

Sent from my Defy
  •  

dibrial

Quote from: "Ted Quinlan"I had the same problem first, but now it works.
What did you do to make it work?
  •  

Ted Quinlan

Actually nothing special. I tried several times and now it imports caches. But they're not personalized as my finds are not marked..

Update: It seems the problem is all about logging in to gc. Com. When i enable "skip found" it gives me the error. When it's unchecked it works. I suppose it then doesn't try to log in...

Sent from my Defy
  •  

Martin Sloup

New version is on a market.

I am finding volunteers who would help me with translations to German, French and Dutch. If you want participate see project page on GetLocalization.com: //http://www.getlocalization.com/Geocaching4Locus/.
Autor of Geocaching4Locus add-on
  •  

wvb

Hi,

Thanks for the nice update, I tested the new version this morning, the full import works great!!
Downloaded caches around where we are on holiday and had all the details in it.

I can translate to dutch if you want, will take a look at it later today.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  •  

Leeds Tyke

Gave it a quick test this morning. Very impressed. Thanks.
  •  

RedSpawn

works perfectly!

i'll help you with german translation

thanks
  •  

wvb

Dutch translation is done..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
  •  

jctmarques

works great. well done.