Geocaching4Locus - version 2.0.3

Started by Martin Sloup, May 02, 2011, 15:58:22

wlashack

Hi! I would like to ask, if there is any plan to add possibility for filtering (displaying) caches by their attributes. It would be reaaly great and useful feature. Thanks.
  •  

micska

Hi, may I ask about possibility of implementation Ignor list to this addon? Would it be a big problem? Thanks, great work!
  •  

Martin Sloup

wlashack: Impossible, Geoaching API doesn't support this.

micska: Exclude caches by bookmark list is already on wish list :)
Autor of Geocaching4Locus add-on
  •  

Martin Sloup

Betatesters needed!!!

I am ready to publish new long-awaited version 1.4.2(.1) that fix huge reported problem about logging to Geocaching.com account and also bringing  new features from a wish list.

Changes:
• Reworked logging to use OAuth authorization (ver. 1.4.2.1)
• Added updating more caches via Points screen - Tools button
• Corrected coordinates from GSAK are now keeped as it
• Added a cache size filter
• Added creating Spoilers tab (experimantal)
• Fixed lot of crashes caused by device orientation changes
• Fixed other reported crashes

Note to OAuth logging: Because of unusable limitation for Basic Member the G4L mask as Geocaching for Android app from GS that not have this limitation.

Link: Geocaching4Locus-1.4.2.1-rc2.apk
  •  

wvb

I'm on holiday and have some Geocaching on the schedule, look forward to testing this version!

Thanks for the update!

Sent from my SGSII CM10 with Tapatalk 2
  •  

Menion

Arcao, I'm looking you're adding some support for Spoilers. Did you noticed "GC Offlinizer" feature in Locus? It's probably quite similar ... so if you want to add some feature, check please this Offlinizer and also how store data into Locus/data/geocaching directory. It's some system compatible with garming and I think it should be useful tu keep same system
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Martin Sloup

You're right, dammit! Back to drawing board.
  •  

Menion

:) I don't had info that you want to add support also for this feature and because it's close to things, why I use Live API in Locus, I added this feature also to Locus. If you'll want to merge it or change, we should discuss about it ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

wvb

Still need testers for the new version or best wait for the update?

•  

Martin Sloup

Uff... Changed Spoilers tab to a new Images tab.

Link to a new test version: Geocaching4Locus-1.4.2.1-rc3.apk
  •  

wvb

Wow that was fast!

•  

Mek

Hi.
I like this addon very much and am using it almost daily for my geocaching life.
Yesterday I wanted to configure it on my friend's phone (he is a new geocacher) but the addon kept saying Login failed. I have tried entering my own account details and they worked.
I think this problem might have two reasons.
1) his nick contains an apostrophe ' and the addon/api is handling it wrong
2) his account is too new - maybe there is some delay after registration for it to be used via api?
Please take a look at this issue. He is considering paypal donating but now he is unable to use the addon.
Thank you.
Do you like Scrabble? You can play on SKREBL.EU (my personal project) - free, various language versions available!
  •  

Martin Sloup

New test version, for OAuth authorization is used now Browser (it could fix problem with not showing software keyboard)...

Link: Geocaching4Locus-1.4.2.1-rc4.apk
  •  

Martin Sloup

Mek: I know about login problem. By my testing the login doesn't work with newer created accounts. This will be solved in a next version, where is implemented login different way (via OAuth). If everything will go right the new version will be published today evening (CET timezone).
  •  

telman

Hi, new version 1.4.2.1 does not work. While I want to login, application write to me "your session expired". When I returned older version from my backup, it works, but new version not.
  •