Sonny's LiDAR Digital Terrain Models of Europe

Started by Sonny, September 11, 2016, 21:17:19

Andrew Heard

Hi Sonny - just curious why most of the republic or Ireland isn't included in the DTM? ref. https://sonny.4lima.de/map.png
You cannot view this attachment.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Sonny

There hasn't been an OpenData elevation source for it yet. Do you know one?
Btw: The same is true for the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.

Andrew Heard

Sadly no. Thanks for the info & the great work you share.
  •  

Tapio

Thanks for your dedication. As for bulk unzipping directly on Android, bulk unzipping to same folder worked for me with ZArchiver.
And for bulk downloading with GDrive app one has to go to the real files ("Speicherort anzeigen" - initially there's a list of shortcuts only as for Germany 1").
So, it was a bit tricky.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

Sonny

During the last months I worked a lot to create new DTMs, now they are available:

Norway_Mainland v2, Norway_Svalbard v1, Norway_Jan Mayen v1, Denmark_Faroes v1, United Kingdom v2, Ireland v1, Portugal_Mainland v0, Portugal_Madeira v1, Portugal_Azores v1, EUROPE v18

Have fun!

Andrew Heard

Ireland V1 - excellent timing for me Sonny - thanks! About to cycle tour over there.

If would be great if Locus Web used these DTMs for the route planner, say for Gold level users - certainly a premium feature.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

michaelbechtold

Fully agree, Andrew.
For the Web Planner, the cost impact is minimal (not so for the 1" downloads, though), so there is no justification to not use it.
"Consistently" (Web Planner versus App) being "wrong" is not a good idea, I think.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

Sonny

Just an update:
Quite a few new DTMs have been released during the last months, especially in Middle- and Eastern Europe.
Have fun with them!

Sonny

Maybe an interesting improvement for Locus user and developers: "DTM Czechia v2" has been released which is based completely on precise LiDAR data.