[APP] - version 3.18.x (27. 6. 2016+)

Started by Menion, June 27, 2016, 20:21:08

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Menion

balloni, may you please share with me exact start/end coordinates and routing profile you have mapped in BRouter application? Because I'm trying to simulate your issue with "navigation" & "add new route" difference, but no success, thanks.

About problem with recalculation - issue in new "merge" feature. Thanks, fixed.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

#226
Quotemay you please share with me exact start/end coordinates
start on  "Hütte",
target "Mühle"

EDIT: "walk" BRouter profiles "off"
EDIT2: with official BRouter from Googleplay
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.21.1.3 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Thanks, so I've removed BRouter together with it's directory, installed new, downloaded data and here is result

https://nas.asamm.com:443/share.cgi?ssid=0lui0J4
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

abrensch

Quote from: menion on September 01, 2016, 18:34:15
New BETA version 3.18.9.1

- BRouter configuration ...  hope this will be usable compromise for all ;). At least till I return at 20. 9. from small vacation ... feedback is anyway welcome.

thanx, yes I think I can get used to it

But here are my bug-reports so far:

- error messages are (still) hidden by the navigation panel, as Gynta pointed out already
  These are not just timeouts, but also the "Island" error messages
  ( "no track found" for startpoint island or "target island detected" ) and waypoint-matching failures
  (  "from-position not mapped in existing datafile" )

  To subtitle them all with "Maybe another service works" is of course not what I want to read there

- you seem to replace the start- and endpoint of the calculated track by the start- and endpoint of the routing request
  this is wrong. It replaces the first and last section of the way by "offroad" sections

- When starting navigation, the voice-announcement ("navigation is started") does not contain the transportmode anymore ( "in bike mode" ). I could not yet test what mode effectivly determines the distances and timings of the voice commands.

- However, you are maybe better of to the the mode from the gpx-response ( "locus:rteComputeType" )
I derive that from the attributes "validForBikes", "validForCars" etc in the profiles. And I would prefer to have it back in the voice announcement.

- After changing the mode via long-press on "recalculate", I get back to the screen containing the "recalculate" button.
  Howver, I had expected to return to navigation directly
  •  

Menion

Hello Arndt,
thanks for a feedback.

Quote from: abrensch on September 02, 2016, 17:25:48
- error messages are (still) hidden by the navigation panel, as Gynta pointed out already
  These are not just timeouts, but also the "Island" error messages
  ( "no track found" for startpoint island or "target island detected" ) and waypoint-matching failures
  (  "from-position not mapped in existing datafile" )

  To subtitle them all with "Maybe another service works" is of course not what I want to read there
Ah, that's the point. I just get a link from gynta on a German topic, where I wasn't able to understand.

Quote from: abrensch on September 02, 2016, 17:25:48
- you seem to replace the start- and endpoint of the calculated track by the start- and endpoint of the routing request
  this is wrong. It replaces the first and last section of the way by "offroad" sections
Well, I don't have better solution on this ... https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/osm-android-bikerouting/jcdsVretpbQ ;)

Quote from: abrensch on September 02, 2016, 17:25:48
- When starting navigation, the voice-announcement ("navigation is started") does not contain the transportmode anymore ( "in bike mode" ). I could not yet test what mode effectivly determines the distances and timings of the voice commands.
- However, you are maybe better of to the the mode from the gpx-response ( "locus:rteComputeType" )
I derive that from the attributes "validForBikes", "validForCars" etc in the profiles. And I would prefer to have it back in the voice announcement.
It was just change in translation made by gynta anyway it should have no effect on other functionality. Current type used for compute is visible for example as icon on "recalculate" button in navigation menu. (well not 100% true because of small issue already reported by balloni).

Quote from: abrensch on September 02, 2016, 17:25:48
- After changing the mode via long-press on "recalculate", I get back to the screen containing the "recalculate" button.
  Howver, I had expected to return to navigation directly
Long press serve only to change, what type will be used for recalculation. In most cases you then wants to tap on a "recalculate" button ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quoteso I've removed BRouter together with it's directory, installed new, downloaded data and here is result
ok, looks good :D
but not for me puuh...
i have uninstalled BRouter and deleted complete BR-folder
after new installation of V 1.4.3 with new downloaded segments same result
next i´ve repeated workflow with V 1.4.4 from post #215 same result :-[
is there anything inside locus i´ve to delete additional?
Here my screencast
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dyzhz4gbvzq64ft/Wutach.mp4?dl=0

BTW: with FF and Chrome i get a security warning after click on your link, i had to make a exception before i am able to download your video :-\
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.21.1.3 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

balloni, sorry, I have no idea, all seems to be identical :).

And security exception, yep, I was little bit lazy so we have on server currently only selfsigned certificate. Have to purchase so offficial anyway there is no risk, no worry.

And new BETA version 3.18.9.2. Have a nice weekend.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

abrensch

Quote from: menion on September 03, 2016, 08:41:53
balloni, sorry, I have no idea, all seems to be identical :).

I do not get what you guys are talking about.

The balloni-screencast shows that for walk/custom-off = "shortest" you get the shortest way. Nothing wrong.

With Libors hiking profile you get the way along the river. Also nothing wrong, because that's the whole idea of that stuff to get a nice hike instead of the shortest way.

The original bug issue was that there were differnt results for custom mode=off whether you use the "measurement tool" or "navigate-to". This cannot be confirmed from the screencast or screenshots.

Or is it mixed with the issue of having car-mode in recalculation? I also encountered ths, but this is fixed in the new beta.

There's a log-option in brouter that can be enabled by placing en empty file "debug.txt" in it's base directory. This file could help to clarify such issues, or see if the cost calculation was just on the edge and the way flipped just because the destination point was a little bit different.
  •  

gynta

After select navigation function a popup show me the location window.
Well, and here i don't see what location Locus need first.
start? destination? viapoint?
So I suggest to change the window title depending on requirements:
->

john_percy

Quote from: gynta on September 03, 2016, 12:14:02
After select navigation function a popup show me the location window.
Well, and here i don't see what location Locus need first.
start? destination? viapoint?
So I suggest to change the window title depending on requirements:
->
+1
This is a difficulty I found took me a while to understand.
What's more, when I press Navigate, the underlying screen has already selected from: GPS to: Screen Centre, so in most cases I just need to dismiss this particular screen. So, could this process be simplified or clarified?
That said, the interface for Brouter is now much much better.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

gynta

#235
currently we have three routing profile sources

1. internal
2. brouter/profiles2/
3. Locus/data/brouter/

So we need three sections:


gynta

New function "Map items " includes a wrong blurred icon for calibrated maps:

balloni55

Quoteballoni, sorry, I have no idea, all seems to be identical
thanks help from gynta problem is solved ! 8)
- renaming locus folder
- start locus and run the routing between this two points, it work on first attemt as it should ;D
- close locus, delete new created locusfolder and finaly renamed old locus folder
- now routing work also with old locus folder 8)

but for now i didn´t understand what this workflow effect in background ???
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.21.1.3 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

BRouter
Locus routing flags are
Avoid highways, Avoid tolls and Wet surface

Wet surface
"Try to avoid muddy or slippery roads"

Not clear for me.
This Roads are muddy or slippery only if it's raining??

or this roads always are muddy or slippery because that's his normal ground conditions (bog path, road through marshland, moore land,...)?

edit
@Wolfgang, my pleasure!

gynta

BRouter - Locus routing flags:
I'm not able to set different car settings.
Want set car/fast with NO flags
and set car/short with both flags.

edit
same with "Wet surface"
ALL fitting profiles have same setting (flag) after changing.