[APP] - version 3.18.x (27. 6. 2016+)

Started by Menion, June 27, 2016, 20:21:08

gynta

"BEGIN" is wrong here, because you want to show a 2nd page.

gynta

main menu vs functions(more)
In "Functions" Locus is able to display whole label.
"Main menu" should do it in the same way.

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2.1 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

poutnikl

OOps, accidentally I replaced this my post by the new one below. I have tried to recreate its main points.

To BRouter profiles integration
1/ I suppose BRouter config Own Settings OFF works as the previous mode profile mapping in BRouter.
   ( Already confirmed by Menion in CZ post on HelpDesk )

2/ If Own Settings is ON,and transportation mode is chosen, there is for a fraction of second displayed used profile, mapped diractly in Locus. There is shown some roll out menu probably intended for profiles selection, but cannot be activated.

The profiles in Own settings ON are for now hard coded
  Mode            Profile
  Car-fast        Car-FastEco
  Car-short       Car-Short
  Bicycle-fast    Trekking-Fast
  Bicycle-short   Trekking-MTB-Medium
  Foot            Walking

Than all disappers and appears a new screen with avoiding switches. Is it intended behaviour for now ?
( Menion confirmed that such behaviour is temporary till next versions, should be ignored. Profile choice is planned )

3/ Car-short profile exists rather just for completess, is intended just for e.g. technical emergency of damaged but still operational cars. Most of drivers would not seriously choose such a profile for "production drives".
IMHO, Car fast mode should be Car-Fast and short mode should be some of Eco profiles, Particularly Car-Eco is short enough.

john_percy

Quote from: poutnikl on August 25, 2016, 21:20:29
For car, I think the combination Car-Fast and Car-(Fast)Eco would be better than Car-FastEco(otherwise good) and Car-Short.  As I guess not many drivers would really prefer the shortest routes. Car-Eco is short enough.
+1
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

ta-ka

Quote from: gynta on August 25, 2016, 18:56:47
main menu vs functions(more)
In "Functions" Locus is able to display whole label.
"Main menu" should do it in the same way.
+1
  •  

poutnikl

P.S. for integration of the BRouter  profiles:

Iswet flag would be better translated to CZ "Za mokra" rather than "Je mokrĂ˝". ( Localizators have difficult job, as needed context for proper translation is often missing.. )

The description ( back translated ) as "to avoid dangerous ways in case of wet weather" is misleading, Most of such ways are not dangerous, just inconvenient. Danger particularly is not evaluated, as such info is not available. Danger must be evaluated visually on the map and terrain.  Better would be something like "It prefers ways that do not become slicky or dirty during wet weather".

Important info is, that ISWET flag DOES NOT avoid/forbid such ways, like e.g. Flag "Avoid motorways". It could lead to serious unnecessery detours. It just gives them various extra penalty, so in case of significant shortcut, they ARE chosen.
( It is possible my comments in profile or on wiki are misleading as well, I will review them. )

gynta

'Delete' vectormap inside mapmanager should also delete xxmap.osm.db

gynta

Quote from: poutnikl on August 26, 2016, 09:24:40
Iswet flag would be better translated to CZ "Za mokra" rather than "Je mokrĂ˝".
Same for other Languages
"Is Wet" @Crowdin is the quite wrong word.
What ever. If a hiker/biker isn't clever enough to handle wet tracks, he should better stay at home.
So for me this flag is an overdosed feature. just my two cents...

poutnikl

Quote from: gynta on August 27, 2016, 20:56:27
Same for other Languages

"Is Wet" @Crowdin is the quite wrong word.
What ever. If a hiker/biker isn't clever enough to handle wet tracks, he should better stay at home.
So for me this flag is an overdosed feature. just my two cents...

Hi Gynta,

Menion just overtook my naming of the flag for consistency. I as the author of the BRouter profile can name it as I want..  :-)

Edit: Using 1-2 flags means replacing 2-4 profiles by a single one, avoiding profile flood. Technically, all my bicycle profiles could be represented by a single one and several boolean flags and numerical settings. Menion has chosen reasonable conservative approach of 1-2 booleans.

BTW, I guess you misinterpreted intention of this flag, probably bacause it was incorrectly commented in Locus config. It is not about technical skills nor about avoiding danger nor about avoiding such roads, like avoid motorways. It just gives different BRouter costfactor preferences to problematic surfaces.

Edit:  E.g. the profile may prefer 6 km of soil but fine track to 5 km tertiary road. In case of iswet=1 it would take the tertiary road, as the track may be muddy and unpleasent, especially for girlfriends. You may want to think twice before taking them into muddy hell, full of track ponds.  OTOH, if it would be 2 km of such track versus 10 km of tertiary, the track  can be chosen in spite of that.

See https://github.com/poutnikl/Brouter-profiles/wiki/Bicycle-Trekking-profiles

Trekking Wet is modification of the above. The parameter assign iswet=1 penalizes potencially muddy / slicky surfaces and little promotes paved and main roads. Weather related priority shifts are fixed*), but distinguishing weather effect on different surfaces.

*) in contrary to numerical parameters MTB_factor and smallpaved_factor, where the profile behaviour can be tuned.

Menion

guys, no need to worry about "is wet" parameter. It's really just "working name". Section around BRouter needs to be improved completely as I mentioned few times and as well these parameters. Anyway thanks Libor for explanation, it helps.

@gynta: deleting *.db files, thanks, agree, I'll look at it ..
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

graphhopper.app(!) expected his routing files in "..Locus/mapsVector/"
( descripted in Forum )

but Locus navigation settings expected this file in current vector map folder (could be differet)

- Description in Forum is wrong.
- Checkroutine inside graphhopper app is wrong.

- Locus navigation settings detects the missing files error - but show me wrong start/errorscreen:

(here I have selected graphhopper - not brouter)

Sersus2

I think in the last Pro version from the Google Play the TTS engine doesn't work. Today I tried many combinations of settings to make Locus to voice my custom kml tracks during navigation with no success.
  •  

gynta

recognized no problem here in setting.
please check:
settings / language & units / Text-to-speech settings / button "Test text-to-speech"
and
settings / Navigation / Select voice / select Text-To-Speech

what happend?
If there is no problem, please attach your kml track
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Sersus2

Sersus2

Quote from: gynta on August 28, 2016, 22:22:11
recognized no problem here in setting.
It's a weird thing but after reinstalling the application and restoring all the settings is has started to work.  :-[
  •