Locus addon for Pebble

Started by zigzag, May 04, 2016, 09:59:49

zigzag

Hi,
I make a simple addon for personal use, that show the informations on pebble smartwatch.

All Pebble smartwatches are supported.

Features:
- 9 different pages on watch
- up to 8 different data fileds in all pages
- start Locus Map with watch
- NAVIGATION
  - point / route guidance
  - turn-by-turn navigation
  - expected time to destination/next point/next turn
- REAL INFROMATIONS
  - speed
  - altitude
  - slope
  - heart rate (with HR belt)
  - heart rate zones
  - compass
  - gps accuracy
  - gps alert
  - phone battery alert
- TRACK RECORDING
  - control track recording (start/stop/pause/resume)
  - track time
  - pace
  - distance
  - average speed, max. speed,
  - max., min. altitude
  - energy
  - average, max. heart rate
  - last lap informations

zigzag

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gilisztaturmixgmail.locus_addon_pebble
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: kryshtof, rt

Menion

Good day zigzag,
this is indeed very good news. Suggest to post also information to this post http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/pebble_e_paper_watch_companion_app_to_locus , where are people waiting for exactly this information ;).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

rt

Quote from: zigzag on May 04, 2016, 09:59:49
I make a simple addon for personal use, that show the track recording information on pebble smartwatch.
- recording time - all time
- duration - for 4 sec
- average speed - for 4 sec
- actual altitude - at duration field for 2 sec, it begins with a colon
- heart rate - at speed field for 2 sec, between the two dash
Wow, this is great news as I am considering buying a smartwatch and Pebble Time looks like the most likely candidate.

Two questions:

• Could you show a photo of the watch when displaying this info?
  • Would you consider publishing the sources so more functionality could be added?
  •  

zigzag

Hi,
1. See the firs post. (updated)
2. I learn android programming, It's fun for me. So I would like to do it myself. :-)

If you are a good programmer, you can be ready for such applications in two hours.
Locus api: http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:advanced:locus_api
Pebble developer site: https://developer.pebble.com/tutorials/

•  

Menion

Hello zigzag,
congratulation to the first app on Google Play.

If you will want to insert your app into list of Locus add-ons in app, let me know together with these infos: http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:advanced:locus_api:addon_is_ready_what_next#information_in_locus
  •  

eldron

@zigzag
I just wanted to thank you for your great work. Your app is a great addition to the pebble time and works like a charm :-)
Would be great to see a bigger choice of information that can be displayed, but having the track time, distance and play/pause is already awesome.
Thanks a lot!
  •  

eldron

@zigzag
I went on a longer hike today and took that opportunity to throughly check out your locus pebble app.
I still think that it´s a great tool, but I ran into two issues:
1) the pause button didn´t work. I could start/resume a track recording, but couldn´t pause it. After pausing the track within locus I could use your app to resume it, but not to pause it again.
2) Is there any way of manually starting you app? It disappeared twice from my watch (also the "sports" tile in the pebble menu was gone) and I didn´t know how to start it again, other than closing locus and opening it again.
  •  

zigzag

Hi eldron,

Quote1) the pause button didn´t work. I could start/resume a track recording, but couldn´t pause it. After pausing the track within locus I could use your app to resume it, but not to pause it again.

Unselect "Use only SELECT button..."

Quote2) Is there any way of manually starting you app? It disappeared twice from my watch (also the "sports" tile in the pebble menu was gone) and I didn´t know how to start it again, other than closing locus and opening it again.

Try start my app again on the phone, or try re-enable in Locus app "Enable periodic updates".

QuoteWould be great to see a bigger choice of information that can be displayed

Coming soon the next version with 9 different page on watch.
  •  

eldron

Thanks for your quick reply!
1) ahhh, now i get it. I misread that option. You might want to change the wording (position of the "only") to: "Use SELECT button only to start/resume" ;-)
How about creating an option that requires a double push on the select button to pause a track? That would make an accidental pause much less likely but still gives you the possibility to pause the track recording.
2) By starting the app do you mean opening the configuration screen? Or is there a different way of starting the app? Because I´m pretty sure that I tried that, but it didn´t work. I´ll try again though, should it happen again. Has this never happened to you?
I´ll also try re-enabling the periodic updates, but I´m not really sure if that´ll help - but then i don´t know what action of locus triggers the launch of your app.

I´m very much looking forward to the next version of your app!
Thanks for your great work!
  •  

zigzag

Hello,

I have found the solution.

Quote2) Is there any way of manually starting you app? It disappeared twice from my watch (also the "sports" tile in the pebble menu was gone) and I didn´t know how to start it again, other than closing locus and opening it again.
R

If the phone lost connection with watch for some minutes, then sports menu gone.

I use a quick launch button to start sports app, so it has never happend to me.

So use a quick launch button to start sports app.

I will solve this issue in the next version.
  •  

eldron

@zigzag
I just double checked and you are right, a few minutes after deactivating bluetooth your pebble app closed itself and the "sports" entry disappeared from the menu. I then tried a few things to get it to open again (starting app on phone, re-enabling periodic updates, etc.) but nothing helped.
So for now I have put your app on one of the two pebble quicklaunch buttons - which does work.
Thanks for the workaround and looking forward to the next version.

What do you think about the double press to pause solution? I think that´s quite unlikely to happen accidentally.
  •  

eldron

Hi again,
I was wondering if there is any way to prevent your app from starting automatically whenever I open locus. I´d prefer if I could just open it manually when I need it. The reason being that I often use locus at home to either plan a hike / caching tour or to just try something out, sometimes even to just look at the map. Now everytime I do that the sports app opens on my watch.
It´s not a big issue, but I´d still prefer to be in control ;-)
  •  

eldron

And me again,
I went for a walk today and used your addon to display the info on my watch. The last few times everything worked well, but this time the distance stayed blank. Pace and duration worked fine though. I also noticed that it now says Dinstance (MI), I am sure that it used to be km. I checked the app setting but couldn´t find an option to change from miles to km. Locus is set to metric.
The only thing that has changed since my last hike is the locus version. I updated to the latest version yesterday.
Any idea how I could fix this?
@menion Have you maybe made any changes to the locus APIs in the latest version that could explain this problem?
  •  

Menion

@eldron: yep, sorry, my issue. Will be fixed in next Locus (Beta) version.
  •  

eldron

ok, thanks for the quick reply.
  •